Best Desktops for Video Editing
The apparently innocuous looking question – what is the best desktop for video editing, cannot be answered in a simple one liner. The answer will depend on a number of factors.
Chiefly, it depends on the type of video that you are going to edit, whether you are going to edit it online or offline and what the deadline is for the submission of that video file.
There are a number of other factors that are involved in the equation. This list is an attempt to find the best desktop for video editing. This may not have your preferred choice. We may miss a few you think ought to be on this list. Let us known what you think.
✔ Best Desktops for Video Editing in 2018
- Microsoft 28″ Surface at Check on Amazon
- Asus 23.8″ Z240IE Multi-Touch Desktop at $1,299.99
- 2017 HP Pavilion HD IPS 27″ Touchscreen at Check on Amazon
- HP Envy Intel i7-7700T at Check on Amazon
- HP ENVY 34 Curved Desktop 2 TB at Out of stock
- HP ENVY 34 Curved Desktop 1 TB at Out of stock
- HP ENVY Curved Desktop 500 GB at Out of stock
- Lenovo Ideacentre AIO Y910 at Out of stock
- HP Pavilion 27″ Touchscreen at Out of stock
- Apple 27″ iMac with Retina 5K Display to see price check on B&H Photo Video
Related Post: Best Laptops for Photo Editing
- Includes Surface Pen, Surface Keyboard, Surface Mouse and a Zero Gravity Hinge that moves the display weightlessly from...
- Enjoy a 28-inch adjustable PixelSense Display with touchscreen and 13.5 million pixels of color and clarity. Dimensions-...
- With Intel Core processors accelerated by a discrete NVIDIA GeForce dGPU, Surface Studio is up for anything
- Reinvent the way you create with a unique set of tools like Surface Pen, Surface Dial*, and Windows Ink (Surface Dial...
- Microsoft Surface Studio: Touch it. Draw on it. Visualize and develop your ideas like you would on a sheet of paper
The Microsoft 28″ combines a number of the indispensable features that are necessary for you to have a proper video editing platform. First, it has the latest Intel Core i7 6th Generation Quad-Core processor. Plus, it has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M GPU with an integrated 2 GB GDDR5 VRAM.
Internal memory is a 16 GB RAM. Storage on the desktop is a 128 GB SSD + a 1 TB HDDD. Windows 10 is pre-installed. The display on the large 28″ touchscreen monitor is a high resolution 4500 pixels by 3000 pixels. That means you have an extended view of the working panel which comes in handy for accessing the video timeline etc.
The device comes with the full array of input devices including the Surface Pen. For additional storage the desktop comes with a USB 3.0 port.
Related Post: Animoto Review (Best Online Video Editor)
- Stunning 4K UHD display and powerful desktop PC combined into a sleek space-saving desktop PC no larger than a monitor
- No compromises on performance with Intel Core i7 processor and GTX 1050 graphics for powerful gaming performance
- 4K IPS Display with 10-point multi touch: control your PC effortlessly with your fingers and vivid lifelike color with...
- Crafted from aluminum to create a brushed icicle gold finish with diamond-cut edges to create a luxurious and robust...
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, 1x Headphone input, 1x Microphone input, 1x HDMI in, 1x HDMI out, 1x LAN port, 1x Kensington lock, 1x...
A 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 7700T Quad Core processor powers the Asus 23.8″. It is a powerful desktop computer armed to the teeth to tackle any video editing tasks you may have. You can overclock the processor to a maximum of 3.8 GHz. Internal storage of the computer is a 128 GB SSD drive plus a 1 TB HDD.
Graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GPU with 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM. The only blemish is that the HDD has a maximum rpm of 5400. That means it falls slightly below the threshold requirement of 7200 rpm. Ideally, you should load up the operating system and the video editing application on the SSD drive to improve performance.
The 23.8″ touchscreen monitor has a native resolution of 3840 x 2160 (UHD). For additional storage the desktop has a 3.0 / 2.0 USB and a USB Type-C port. Windows 10 comes preloaded into the desktop.
Related Post: Best Desktop for Photo Editing
- Quad Core Intel Corei7-6700T (2.8 GHz, turbo boost to 3.6 GHz, 8 MB cache, Quad cores) with NVIDIA GeForce 930MX...
- 16 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM memory. 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA Hard Drive, Ultra Slim-tray SuperMulti DVD burner
- 27" diagonal10-point touch-enabled widescreen FHD IPS WLED-backlit edge-to-edge display (1920 x 1080), brilliant...
- Next-generation wireless connectivity and Bluetooth 4.0 combo, 2 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0 Bottom: 1 USB 3.0 (1 supports fast...
- Windows 10, 64-bit, Silver, EnergyStar, epeat
The 2017 HP Pavilion has a 27″ touchscreen with a resolution of full HD. It has a Quad Core Intel Core i7 6700T processor with a 2.8 GHz clock speed. The processor can be boosted to a maximum of 3.6 GHz. It has a NVIDIA GeForce 930 MX GPU with a 2 GB GDDR5 VRAM. Internal memory of the desktop is 16 GB DDR4 2133 SDRAM. Total storage of the desktop is 1 TB of 7200 rpm SATA. There is an optical drive too. The
- Why buy: A sleek and modern All-in-One with cutting-edge power that allows you to stream, play, and work efficiently.
- Processor: 7th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700T Processor, Quad-Core, 2.90GHz; Fast, responsive performance and...
- Video graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated); Play the latest games with fast, ultra-smooth...
- Display: 27-inch diagonal widescreen QHD (2560x1440) IPS WLED-backlit Micro Edge touchscreen; 3.7 million pixels for...
- Memory: 16 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM; Designed to run more efficiently and more reliably at faster speeds.
The HP Envy All-in-One Computer combines a 7th Generation Intel Core i7 7700T quad core 2.9 GHz processor. Internal memory of the desktop is a 16 GB DDR4 2133 SDRAM. A NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M GPU with a dedicated 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM powers the graphics processing tasks. The large 27″ display gives a lot of screen real estate and you can optically use that space because the display resolution is 2560 x 1440 pixels (QHD).
Storage on the desktop is a 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD and a 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 secondary drive. The twin drives allow you store the video editing application and operating system on the SSD drive and the RAW uncompressed footages on the SATA drive. Windows 10 is preloaded into the desktop.
Related Post: Best Monitor for Video Editing
- Intel Core i7-6700K at 4.00GHz with TURBO BOOST to 4.20GHz (EXTREME-power processor)
- 32 GB of RAM (ULTRA performance);NVIDIA GeForce 960A graphics w/2GB dedicated & up to 8GB total video RAM
- 2 TB SSD Drive (MASSIVE pure SSD); HDMI ports in&out
- 34" CURVED Brilliant diagonal widescreen WQHD LED-backlit display (3440x1440)
- Bang & Olufsen audio speakers, HD web camera&mic, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac(2x2) & Bluetooth 4.0, 2xUSB 3.0; 3xUSB 2.0 (rear);...
The HP ENVY 34 is a curved display equipped desktop computer equipped with almost everything that you need to edit videos. It has an Intel Core i7-6700 K at 4.00 GHz processor with a turbo boost that can shoot it to 4.2 GHz. A NVIDIA GeForce 960A graphics card with 2 GB dedicated and up to 8 GB VRAM powers the graphics processing unit. Internal storage is a spacious 2 TB SSD drive. There is no SATA drive.
Memory on the HP ENVY is a 32 GB ultra-performance RAM. The curved 34″ display has a WQHD LED backlit display (3440 x 1440 pixels). The large real estate enables you to have a larger view of the video timeline and help editing a lot easier than usual. Windows 10 is preloaded in the desktop. All you need is to install your video editing applications and you are ready to go. One of the best desktop for video editing you could get for your money.
The smaller cousin to the 34″ curved HP desktop that we just discussed. The desktop computer has an Intel Corei7 6700K processor with a clock speed of 4.00 GHz. It can be further upgraded to 4.20 GHz. The HP ENVY 34 curved comes with an internal storage of 1 TB SSD and an internal memory of 16 GB RAM. There is no SATA hard drive. With an all SSD drive the desktop is superfast when it comes to loading applications and when booting the OS. A NVIDIA GeForce 960A graphics processing unit with a 2 GB built-in memory card and a total VRAM of 8 GB powers the graphics processing unit. The large 34″ display has a resolution of 3440 x 1440 pixels (WQHD).
Even smaller in terms of storage when compared to the previous desktop on this list, the HP Envy Curved has a storage of 500 GB (SSD) and no SATA drive on this. It has an Intel i7 6700 processor with a 4.00 GHz clock speed. You can overclock the processor to a maximum of 4.20 GHz (Turbo boost). Internal memory of the desktop is 32 GB of RAM. The large 34″ display has a WQHD resolution (3440 pixels by 1440 pixels). A NVIDIA GeForce 960A graphics with 2 GB of dedicated RAM and total of 8 GB of VRAM powers the graphics processing.
Related Post: Best Tablets for Photo Editing
- 27-inch WQHD display
- Intel Core i7-6700 Processor
- 16GB memory / 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD
- VR-ready NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics
- Includes wired mouse and keyboard
The Lenovo Ideacentre AIO Y910 – 27ISH is a Signature Edition 27″ All-in-one gaming PC which also works as a great video editing desktop. It has an Intel Core i7 – 6700 processor and a VR ready NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics processor unit.
The 3.4 GHz Intel Core Duo processor takes care of processing and internal memory is a 16 GB internal memory strip (GDDR5).
The internal storage capacity of the desktop is a decent 128 GB SSD plus a 1 TB HDD. This hybrid mechanism ensures that you have the advantage of speed along with storage capacity. You can load up the operating system and the video editing application on the SSD storage for faster access speeds.
The 27″ display has a resolution of WQHD (2560 pixels by 1440 pixels). Windows 10 come pre-loaded in the desktop.
- Quad Core Intel Corei7-7700T (2.9 GHz, turbo boost to 3.8 GHz, 8 MB cache, Quad cores) with NVIDIA GeForce 930MX...
- 16 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM memory. 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA Hard Drive, 128GB SSD, Ultra Slim-tray SuperMulti DVD burner
- 27" diagonal10-point touch-enabled widescreen FHD IPS WLED-backlit edge-to-edge display (1920 x 1080), brilliant...
- Wireless-AC WLAN and Bluetooth 4.2 combo, 2 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0, 1 USB 3.0 (1 supports fast charging), 1 USB 3.0 Type-C,...
- Windows 10 64-bit, Silver, EnergyStar, Wired optical mouse, HP USB Wired Keyboard with volume control
The HP Pavilion is a 27″ desktop with an Intel Core i7 – 7700T 2.9 GHz processor. A NVIDIA GeForce 930 MX graphics card with a 2 GB GDDR5 dedicated memory powers the graphics processing. Internal memory of the desktop is 16 GB of DDR4 RAM. Storage on the desktop is a hybrid system and is a combination of drive technology. 128 GB of SSD drive and 1 TB of HDD. The HDD spins at 7200 rpm which produces a smoother experience when working with large video files, grading them and making edits. The large 27″ screen has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 (FHD). Personally, I prefer a larger resolution so that a larger slice of the timeline can be seen.
Related Post: Best Software for Editing Drone Videos
With an Intel Core i7 quad-core 4.2 GHz processor powering it, the Apple 27″ iMac is a phenomenal device!
Lighting fast would be an apt description for it. Internal memory of the device is 64 GB of DDR4 RAM.
Internal storage is 2 TB an it is entirely SSD. That should give you a lot of storage to play around with even the most resource hogging video editing application.
The large 27″ display has a resolution of 5120 x 2880 pixels. This is the famed IPS 5K Retina display. With the larger display and higher resolution you now have a greater coverage of the video editing panel.
The graphics processing unit is an AMD Radeon Pro 580 Graphics Card with 8 GB of VRAM. The Apple 27″ iMac with 5K Retina display is undoubtedly one of the best desktop for video editing, if not the best.
Related Post: Best Laptop Displays