When it comes to editing videos, you’re going to want a laptop that is both fast and has good graphics. What this means is that the best video editing laptops are those with a good processor and graphics card, a sizable amount of RAM, and enough storage space to suit your needs.
The Best Video Editing Laptops
- Apple 15.4″ MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- HP 15.6″ ZBook Studio x360 G5
- Asus 15.6″ ZenBook Pro Duo
- MSI Prestige 14″ Laptop
- Dell XPS 15
- Dell Alienware 17.3″ R5
1. Apple 15.4
The first laptop that comes to mind as the best video editing laptop is the Apple 15.4. This features a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i9 8-core processor.
At a glance, the MacBook Pro 15.4″ hasn’t really changed that much on the outside but there are significant changes on the inside that make this a clear winner. The 2019 MacBook Pro comes in a variety of configurations. And whilst they’re all quite powerful, the 2.4 GHz Intel Core i9 8-core, AMD Radeon Pro 560X model is the strongest of them.
Related Post: The Best Laptop for Photo Editing
The stunning 15.4″ IPS display boasts a resolution of 2880×1800 dots. The maximum brightness of the display is 500 CD/m². Storage is varied and depends on the configuration you choose. It can be as little as 256 GB of PCIe SSD to all the way up to 4 TB of SSD. The available RAM on models ranges from 16GB to 32GB. It is worth noting that the recommended minimum for video editing is 12GB, so any will meet this requirement. Ultimately, the storage space and RAM come down to personal preferences/needs. Overall this is one of the top choices for the best video editing laptops that you can buy right now.
Related Post: Best iMac for Photo Editing
- 9Th-generation 8-Core Intel Core i9 Processor
- Brilliant Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Radeon Pro 560x Graphics with 4GB of video Memory
- Ultrafast SSD
2. HP 15.6
If you’re looking for a setup that is similar to that of a desktop – you don’t want to travel around with your laptop. The HP ZBook Studio x360 is an ideal mobile workstation option for video editing. It caters to all working styles, offering a variable tablet-style layout along with a touchscreen.
Powering the ZBook Studio x360 is a 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 8th Gen processor. You can further push it to 4.1GHz. It is paired with a NVIDIA Quadro P1000 GPU with 4GB GDDR5 RAM. Storage is a 512GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD unit. Installed memory is 16GB of DDR4.
Related Post: Best Computer for Video Editing
The display of the ZBook Studio x360 is its biggest selling point. The large 15.6″ IPS display boasts 4K/UHD resolution with a maximum brightness of 600 CD/m² and a viewing angle of 170-degrees.
There is also a higher-powered version of the ZBook Studio x360 G5. With a core i9 8th Gen processor paired with the NVIDIA P2000 GPU, 32GB of built-in memory and 512GB of SSD storage. This one counts as the better choice between the two versions and is the one we pick as one of the best video editing laptops in the business.
- Intel Core i7-8750H 2.20GHz Processor (8th Gen, upto 4.10 GHz, 9MB Smart Cache, 6-Cores) ; 64GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM
- NVIDIA Quadro P1000 Integrated Graphics
- 15.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) Touch Display; 802.11ac Wifi, Bluetooth 5.0, 720p HD Webcam, Backlit Keyboard, Active Pen, Silver...
- 2TB PCIe NVMe SSD; 2xUSB3.0, 1xHDMI, 2xThunderbolt, SD Reader, 3.5mm Combo Jack.
- Windows 10 Pro-64, 6-Cell 94 WHr Battery, 1 Year Manufacturer warranty from GreatPriceTech (Professionally upgraded by...
3. Asus 15.6
Asus recently announced the 15.6. It’s fair to say this is an extremely powerful machine powered by a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i9 9th 8-core processor and paired with a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU with 6 GB of GDDR6 VRAM. When it comes to storage, you get 1TB PCIe paired with 32GB of DDR4 RAM.
The GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card is faster than many other competing units. And the difference shows when rendering videos or when doing multi-layer edits.
The display of the 15.6″ screen offers a resolution of 3840×2160 (UHD/4K). This is an ideal size for maintaining a degree of portability whilst also getting a god workspace size. The 4K will render your videos in the highest quality.
With all these qualities under its belt, it’s pretty clear why this is one of the best laptops for video editing.
- ScreenPad Plus: 14 inch 4K matte touchscreen, giving your endless way to optimize your multitasking experience by extending...
- 15.6 inch 4K UHD NanoEdge touchscreen glossy main display
- Latest 9th generation Intel Core i7-9750H Quad Core Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz) with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
- Detachable palm rest and ASUS active stylus pen included
- Fast storage and memory featuring 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD with 16GB DDR4 RAM
This MSI Prestige laptop is powered by a 1.1 GHz Intel Core i7 six-core processor and is paired with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU with 4 GB GDDR5 RAM.
While that is enough for simple HD video editing, you may find it lagging in performance when editing multi-layered HD videos. The internal storage of the laptop is comprised of a 1 TB SSD and internal memory is comprised of 16 GB RAM. The laptop supports 100% of the Adobe RGB color gamut.
Related Post: Best Monitor for Video Editing
The display on the laptop is a nice 14″ similar-to-IPS panel which offers UHD/4K resolution. It gives you a perfect balance between portability and display size.
While this isn’t the best laptop on the block, it’s a reasonable option if you’re looking for the best laptop for video editing you can buy at a lower price point.
- 14" Fhd, IPS level anti-glare Wide View Angle thin Bezel 100%srgb1920x1080 16: 9NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650 (max-q)4g GDDR5
- Nvidia GeForce GTX1650 (max-q)4g GDDR5
- Core i5-10210u 1. 6 - 3. 9GHz Intel PTT 512GB NVMe SSD 16GB (16G*1) LPDDR3 2133MHz on board
- Thunderbolt 3*2 USB 2. 0 *2 LAN Intel Wi-Fi 6 ax201(2*2 ax) BT 5 720P HD Webcam
- Ac adapter Win 10 Pro webcam 3 Cell (50Whr) Li-Polymer 720P HD Webcam keyboard silky glass multi touch with finger print...
5. Dell XPS 15
There are multiple versions of the Dell XPS 15. But the one we have hand-picked to be included on this list of the best video editing laptops is the 2.9 GHz Intel Core-i9 8th Gen six-core processor unit.
The processor is paired with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU with 4 GB of DDR5 RAM built-in. The total installed memory is 32 GB RAM which is more than what we recommend for video editing and the total installed storage is 1 TB SSD.
The GPU memory is just about right for some decent sized full HD video editing and rendering. But it will be on the slower side when editing any 4K footage.
The display on this monster offers a resolution of 15.6″ UHD/4K. This allows for high-quality video editing making this one of the best laptops for video editing.
- 15. 6" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge anti-reflective touch IPS 100% a do be RGB 500-nits Display
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750h (12MB Cache, up to 4. 5 GHz, 6 Cores)
- 16GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x8G
- 1TB PCIe SSD
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
If you need the absolute best laptop for video editing, the Dell Alienware 17.3 is definitely one to consider. This laptop is feature-packed. Under the hood, the R5 is powered by a 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9 six-core processor, which is paired with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU with 8 GB of integrated VRAM. The system beats the MacBook Pro mentioned at the start by some distance.
The internal storage of the laptop is 256 GB SSD which is paired with 1 TB HDD storage. This laptop comes packed with 32GB RAM, perfect for FHD video-editing and this can even be pushed to editing 4K video footage.
The 17.3” display is large. It is unwieldy as a travel laptop for that very specific reason. It will not fit inside most laptop bags and it is heavy, too.
The resolution of the display is 2560×1440. The peak brightness level of the laptop is 400 CD/m².
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (6-Core, 9MB Cache, 2.2 GHz Up To 4.1GHz), 32GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD Boot + 1TB...
- 17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 OC with 8 GB GDDR5 VRAM
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2), 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 5.0, MaxxAudio, Webcam: 2.07 MP Photo / 1080p Video
- 1 x Thunderbolt 3, 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C, 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x Mini DisplayPort 1.3, 1 x Docking...
- Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 Home, 6-Cell 99 Whr Battery, 9.74 lbs, Epic Silver
Best Laptop for Video Editing: Conclusion
Now we’ve given you a rundown of the best video editing laptops, you should have an idea of what kind of laptop is best for you! With the right laptop, you can produce video edits with ease. Video editing shouldn’t be about waiting for your computer. Video editing should work for you.
If you want to get some of the best video footage, make sure you also have the best DSLR camera for videography, too!
Do you have any tips and tricks when it comes to video editing? Drop us a line in the comments with your ideas!
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Certain content that appears on PhotoWorkout.com comes from Amazon. This content is provided ‘as is’ and is subject to change or removal at any time.