2020 Photokina will begin on Wednesday, May 27th and ends on Saturday, May 30th
What is Photokina?
Held since 1950, Photokina is one of the world’s leading photographic trade fairs. In short, it’s focused on all things imaging. Industry leaders announce new technologies, introduce emerging markets, mingle at this renowned event.
Even if you spent all four days scouring the Photokina grounds, you’d never be able to see everything that happens at this massive festival. Each year the trade show hosts hundreds of vendors from around the world. A constant stream of activities, demonstrations, and presentations keep visitors occupied.
Individual booths from across the imaging industry are organized into “theme worlds”. They are divided as follows:
- Capturing Unlimited, dedicated to providing hands-on experiences with cameras, lenses, and filters.
- Creating Unlimited features all things storage, sharing, and software.
- Discovering Unlimited, a place to network with emerging innovators and promising start-ups.
- Lighting Unlimited shows off the latest and greatest in accessories like tripods and studio lights
- Presenting Unlimited, where you can discover the wide world of finishing, printing, or publishing your works of art.
Most of Photokina’s events take place in one of these five areas. There are also two specified stages separate from the themed sections. We’ll more report on the keynotes and panels happening there as that information becomes available.
Photokina 2020 Event Information
This year, Photokina will run for four days between Wednesday, May 27th to Saturday, May 30th. Each day has its own lineup of events, so be sure to review the schedule when planning your visit!
As always, Photokina will be held in Cologne, Germany at the Koelnmesse exhibition center. In recent years, the venue has been able to host 200,000 guests hailing from 134 different countries.
Unfortunately, ticket prices won’t be live until February 2020. However, we’ll be sure to update with the cost as well as how to snag a few for yourself.
Photokina 2020: Day-by-Day Breakdown
Each day, Photokina will host a wide range of exclusive events open to anyone willing to listen and learn. Depending on where your interests lie, you can cater to meet your personal photographic tastes.
As of January 2020, the Photokina schedule has not yet been finalized. Check back for updates and announcements on lectures, workshops, and more for this year’s lineup! 🙂
Don’t Miss Out!
After Photokina’s 2019 cancellation, we’re more excited than ever to see exactly what 2020 has in store.
Of course, it’s a long journey for those traveling from outside of Europe. However, if past events are any indicator of what’s to come, the international gathering is well worth the trek. Whether you’re looking to upgrade your gear or anxious to meet other passionate people, there’s something for every visitor. Unfortunately, our Photokina feature can only cover a fraction of what the festival has to offer.
The best we can do is provide our opinion: make travel plans and book tickets while you still can. Opening day is just around the corner!
Connect with Photokina!
In April 2020, a complimentary app will launch to further aid Photokina visitors planning their stay. Features will include:
- A comprehensive directory of exhibitors
- Up-to-date event information, including a search function.
- Integration with your device’s existing calendar to build a personalized itinerary
- An interactive hall plan and in-depth travel and accommodation information
We hope to see you there this spring!