Whether you’re a photographer or videographer, you always want to capture the most creative shots. If you’re looking for a tool that can help you steady your equipment while shooting unique and captivating angles, then maybe you should consider buying one of the best gimbals of 2019 for your next project.
Using a gimbal is an easy and effective way to capture quality images or videos. Though they are usually used by filmmakers, they can also be utilized by photographers in the production of still images.
If you’re looking for the best gimbals on the market, but aren’t sure where to start, we have compiled a comprehensive list of the best gimbals. We will cover the best options for:
Let’s take a look at our list below for the best gimbals of 2020.
The Best Gimbals of 2020
4 Best Gimbals For DSLR / Mirrorless Cameras
If you’re looking for a gimbal for your DSLR or Mirrorless camera that will produce some impressive results, the Zhiyun Weebill is just what you’re looking for. It is a versatile and quality made piece of gear that provides an effortless holding experience.
In fact, this gimbal is strong enough to handle almost any mirrorless or DSLR camera and lens combo.
The gimbal also supports wireless image transmission that supports 720p real-time monitoring, tracking focus and parameter through your smartphone. This gimbal can achieve great shots from any angle.
Other notable features include:
- Wheels for fine-grained adjustments
- Mode selection and control buttons
- Synchronous stabilizer control from a phone screen
If you’re looking for a quality build and one of the best gimbals to carry around and shoot with – you can’t miss the Zhiyun.
- 【Upright & Underslung Modes】Zhiyun WEEBILL LAB boasts a versatile structure by mechanical improvement, providing an...
- ★Big Promotion on Weebill Accessories by adding both to cart【Strong Payload 】Zhiyun Weebill is the most portable gimbal...
- 【Wireless Image Transmission】The camera gimbal supports 720p real-time monitor, tracking focus and parameter setting via...
- 【Always in Control】The 2018 latest stabilizer features wheels for fine-grained adjustments, mode selection and control...
- 【Crafted Latch Design】The most clever design of 3 axis gimbal allows users balance and lock Axis by Axis, which saves 50%...
If you’re buying a gimbal and you intend on putting it under the extremes, the Moza Air is a pretty good shout.
The gimbal is built with Aerospace Industry Standard Aluminum. Strong, yet lightweight. It can tolerate up to 7.1 pounds worth of kit which makes it compatible with multiple DSLR or Mirrorless setups.
This gimbal comes with:
- Hexahedral Calibration, which allows the Moza App to find parameters based on the weight of your stabilizer
- Remote Control
- A time-lapse function
- 8 Operation Settings
Plus, it comes with a dual handle that adapts to your shooting scenario.
For a gimbal that is a true powerhouse, take a look at the Moza Air!
- ✈ More accessories by add together into cart!【Max Payload of 7.1 Lb】MOZA Air is made from Aerospace Industry-Grade...
- 【Auto-tuning and Hexahedral Calibration】Allows the MOZA App to easily find optimal parameters based on the total weight...
- 【Multiple Features】Via the MOZA Assistant App, humanized interval and duration settings such as Remote Control,...
- 【MOZA Dual Handle Included】No matter high perspective or low angle shots, lightweight camera or heavier DSLR, the camera...
- 【12hs Run-time】The 3 axis DSLR gimbal can work over 12 hours. A tripod, a dual ball head mount to match different usage...
The Feiyu AK2000 is an innovative gimbal with multiple high-quality features. This gimbal offers a different holding style than the two previously mentioned gimbals, but it makes for a lightweight, functional design.
This gimbal comes sports:
- Smart Touch Panel which supports Time Lapse photography
- Trigger button with a range of modes.
- A strong motor design for more hardy usage
- 12 Hours of Battery Life
Plus, this gimbal has built-in WiFi technology.
For an affordable and advanced stabilizer, check out the Feiyu AK2000.
- [SMART TOUCH PANEL]: Feiyu AK2000 Gimbal innovative smart touch panel support Time-Lapse Photography path setting, camera...
- [EXCLUSIVE TRIGGER BUTTON]: The "Hunting Mode"of AK2000 enables creative creation. Heading follow mode, all follow mode, lock...
- [STRONGER MOTORS]: The load-carrying capacity of the AK2000 up to 2.8kg, and a new high-performance chip in combination with...
- [MULTI-FUNCTIONAL "MAGIC RING"]: High-precision magnetic induction knob not only can control the focus or zoom but also can...
- [12 HOURS OF LONG BATTERY LIFE]:The high-energy polymer lithium battery with powerful battery life up to 12 hours for...
DJI’s Ronin series has really made an impression, which is why our fourth, and final, gimbal for DSLR and Mirrorless cameras is the DJI Ronin-S.
The DJI Ronin-S includes accessories that are compatible with any DSLR or mirrorless camera and offers direct camera control.
This gimbal is made to withstand up to 8 pounds worth of load. And if you’re shooting with this while in a vehicle, it can withstand up to 46 miles per hour.
The built-in battery allows for 12 hours of use.
Reviewers note that it’s a great stabilizer with impressive balance and intuitive response.
For a gimbal that offers stability and ease of use, the DJI Ronin-S is certainly worth considering.
- Sold by DJI Authorized Dealer, Come with VanCityUAV Cleaning Cloth
- Ronin-S Camera Compatibility List: Canon(6D MKII; 5D MKIII, IV; EOS-1D X MKII) Nikon(D850; D5; Z7) Panasonic(GH3; GH4;...
- Ronin S Max Payload: 7.94 lbs. Vehicle-based Recording can Remain Stable at Up to 46.6 mph.
- Build-in High-capacity Battery Grip Offers Up to 12 Hours of Use.
- DJI 1 Year Limited Warranty
3 Best Gimbals For Action & Compact Cameras
For smaller action cameras, you’re going to want a smaller gimbal, the Zhiyun Crane M2 is a perfect model for your action camera needs.
It has all in one shooting made for your compact or action camera. Features include:
- Compact design
- Unique locking pin and latch to prevent access from swinging
- Creative modes – Pan following, full following, locking, full range POV vortex and Go
- Smooth Zoom – Push the slider on the handle and you can zoom in and out to capture your footage
- A memory lock saves your settings for your next use
If you’re looking for a stabilizer that is easy to use and built with a great design, the Zhiyun Crane is a top choice.
- 【All in One】 Get daily shooting occasions covered: using compact camera, light mirrorless camera, action camera, and your...
- 【Compact Design】 Unique locking pin and latch design to prevent the axis from swinging. Retreat, lock up, drop it into...
- 【Creative Modes】 6 modes: Pan Following, Full Following, Locking, Full-Range POV, Vortex and GO. While the PF/F/L are...
- 【Thoughtful Design】 With a memory lock on the scale, balancing position can be remembered. Once and forever, saving much...
- 【Smooth Zoom at Fingertips】 Push the slider on side of the handle, you can zoom in/out to capture smooth footage nearer...
Another option for an action camera setup is the Feiyu G6+.
It has high-quality features such as:
- Reliable image stabilization
- Easy to use controls with maximum flexibility
- Can use a mobile device to control the settings
- Long battery life: For use up to 12 hours
If you’re a GoPro shooter, then the Feiyu G6+ might be just what you need for your next adventure.
- 【Small, But More Capable】G6 Plus only weight 663g and length is 328mm,Small and portable body supports all types of...
- 【Iterative Image Stabilization Algorithm】New iterative platform image stabilization algorithm with low-power and...
- 【Easy to Control the Entire Field of Vision】Connecting WIFI to a compatible device to control the photographing,...
- 【Long-lasting and Powerful Battery Life】Energy-optimized algorithms combining with high-energy-density batteries brings...
- 【Wifi + Bluetooth Dual Module Connection】By connecting to WiFi, G6Plus can control the camera to adjust the focus, switch...
Hohem’s iSteady series are some of the best gimbals out there, the Hohem iSteady Pro 2 is no exception. Made for action cameras, the Hohem iSteady Pro 2 is built for outdoor use.
It has features such as:
- iSteady Pro 2 technology makes for stable footage
- Creates high-quality, smooth footage
- Fantasy 3D Mode: Pan motor rotation for complete 360. While moving fast, it will follow you and record every moment
- Motion Time Lapse: 6 Side Calibration, Re-Centering
- 12 hours runtime and two-way charging support
- Splash-proof design
In addition to its high-quality features, this gimbal is under $100, affordable, and easy to use.
- ►【Hohem iSteady Pro 2 Action Camera Gimbal Stabilizer, IPX4 Splash-proof Function】 ------ The iSteady Pro 2, is...
- ►【MUST KNOW, can not support gopro 8】Mount and Balance your GoPro, Osmo Action or Action Cameras on the Gimbal with...
- ►【Fantasy 3D Inception Mode, Sports Mode】Pro2 gimbal's pan motor is able to rotate a complete 360°, actually it is...
- ►【New APP, Hohem Gimbal, Motion Time Lapse】 Hohem Gimbal APP, a great upgrade on the application for all hohem new...
- ►【12 Hours Runtime 3600mAh Rechargable Battery Two Way Charging】2 Built-in high capacity 3600mAh battery offers longer...
Related Post: Best Diving Cameras for Under $500
3 Best Gimbals For Smartphones
Smartphone users can also utilize the power of gimbals! If you want a gimbal for your smartphone, Hohem sets the bar with their 3-axis Gimbal. It works for vlogging, creating Youtube content and live video recording.
It has a 3D inception mode that vertically rotates your phone 360 degrees when filming to give you a top-notch experience.
Other features include:
- Sports mode and perfect balance: For active shots and high-speed movement
- High-performance motor and axis overlap – Turns shaky footage into smooth, professional shots
- Designed with production in mind: Basic zoom, focus control and pan & tilt modes
- Synchronized app for slow-motion recording, retouching, face and object tracking
- Time-lapse feature
- 12-hour run time.
- Compatible with smartphones with a screen under 6″
If you want a good deal, without compromising on quality, this Hohem gimbal is perfect for use with your smartphone.
- ✈ 【NOTE: Must Manual Balance First】(Especially for iPhone 11 Pro Max) Balance your phone manually via balancing arm...
- ✈【Newly Developed 3D "Inception" Mode】 Proudly present the updated Hohem gimbal stabilizer. This stabilizer features a...
- ✈【Updated Sports Mode & Perfect Balance】 Updated sports mode allows you to shoot incredibly smooth shots even while...
- ✈【You can also be a Professional Director】 From fast-moving action, like sports, to vlogs and interviews, to...
- ✈【Endless Possibilities via "Hohem Gimbal" APP】 Enjoy controlling your filming tool both on your gimbal and in your...
Zhiyun makes a second appearance in this list with their Smooth 4 gimbal. This gimbal is compatible with most major smartphone models. And, it’s used for easy and seamless video capturing.
- Integrated control panel design
- Focus Pull and Zoom capability
- PhoneGo Mode for built-in app use
- Time Lapse Expert
- Object tracking for smooth footage
- Two-way charging and 12 hours of usage
For professional quality smartphone footage, check-out the Zhiyun Smooth 4.
- 👍👍【Filmic Pro】The official APP for Smooth 4 is called ZY play. But Filmic Pro has best in class support for Smooth...
- 👍👍【Control Panel】Integrated control panel design,Focus Pull & Zoom Capability
- ✅✅【MUST KNOW】Balance the gimbal before use: Slide the smartphoone in as close as possible to against the tilt axis...
- 👍👍【PhoneGo Mode】PhoneGo Mode for Instant Scene Transition
- 👍👍【Time Lapse & Object Tracking】Time Lapse Expert and Object Tracking available, Supports Two-way Charging with...
If your kit features DJI gear, you’ll understand why we’re recommending DJI gimbals.
It’s fair to say that when it comes to more action-based videography, DJI knows their stuff. They’ve produced drones, action cameras, along with a range of gimbals. The DJI Osmo Mobile series has proved quite a success which is why we’re recommending their latest product.
If you want top-notch, smooth and steady footage, the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is just what you’re looking for.
- Gesture enabled controls
- Zoom slider for impressive cinematography
- Lightweight, portable design
- DJI Mimo App compatible
- Active subject tracking
- Hyperlapse shot feature
- Backed by DJI customer support - Includes Full DJI USA WARRANTY
- Redesigned Handle & Ports
- Folds down for Storage
- Hand Gesture Control, Shape Recognition
- Convenient buttons and intuitive functions make Osmo Mobile 3 easy to use with just one hand, providing more versatility and...
The Best Gimbals of 2020 – Conclusion
Now you’ve got an idea of the best gimbals for your devices, it’s time to pick one and get out and shoot! With high-quality features and action capabilities, these stabilizers will allow you to create dynamic and captivating photographs and videos.
Do you use any of these recommended gimbals for your work? Share with us your recommendations in our comments below!
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Certain content that appears on PhotoWorkout.com comes from Amazon. This content is provided ‘as is’ and is subject to change or removal at any time.