Our How-To Category shares practical how-to photo tips.
NEW in How-To Photography
How to Take a Good Headshot (Simple DIY Steps for Non-Pros) 3 months ago Need a good, professional-looking headshot? Learn a simple process for capturing beautiful headshots (no experience necessary!).
How to Shoot Full-Body Portrait Photography (+ Best Lenses) 3 months ago A step-by-step guide to full-body portrait photos. Learn how to use careful lighting, posing, and more to create stunning images.
How to Manage and Back Up Lightroom Photos (8 Simple Tips) 9 months ago Simple tips for easy image management in Lightroom. Learn how to back up your images, organize your folders, and more.
Joiner Photography: How to Make a Joiner Photo Like David Hockney 10 months ago A step-by-step guide to Hockney-style joiner photos. Create artistic masterpieces with a few images and some Photoshop tricks!
How to Create Presets in Lightroom (for Desktop and Mobile) 1 year ago Creating presets in Lightroom is simple. Make your own Lightroom and Lightroom Classic presets with this step-by-step guide.
How to Develop Film at Home (and All of the Things You Need) 1 year ago If you're looking to get your prints developed, discover the easy way to do it from home. This article has everything you need to know!
How to Take Great Engagement Photos That Couples Will Love (10 Tips) 1 year ago Want to capture amazing engagement photos? These 10 tips by pro photographer mentor Jeff Brown will take your images to the next level, fast!
How to Set Up Umbrella Lighting for Photography (The Must-Know Guide) 2 years ago Here is our ultimate guide on how to set up umbrella lighting for photography. Get all of the knowledge you need to take stunning photographs!
How to Photograph Paintings for Prints (Perfectly Digitizing Your Artwork!) 2 years ago Digitizing paintings is best done with a camera and a lens, so here is our nifty guide on how to photograph paintings for prints!
Most Popular How-To Articles
The Best Way to Store Digital Photos: The Ultimate Guide 7 months ago Keeping your digital photos safe is a tricky task. Find out the best way to store digital photos so you don't have to worry about losing your photos.
How to Brighten a Part of Your Image in Photoshop 6 months ago If you want to brighten a part of your image Photoshop offers great tools to do so. The Gaussian Blur and the Polygonal Lasso Tool help you brighten a spot.
How to Store Cameras and Lenses at Home (Top 10 Tips) 2 years ago From ensuring you don’t visit the repair shop to keeping the resale value, here is our guide on how to store cameras and lenses at home!
How to Convert RAW to JPEG on Mac, Windows, and More 2 years ago Want to convert your RAW photos to JPEGs? We share several quick-and-easy methods for Mac and Windows users!
How to Take Real Estate Photos with Your iPhone: 10 Easy Tips 2 years ago Discover 10 simple tips to capture beautiful iPhone real estate photography. Create jaw-dropping photos for your house listing!
How to Turn Photos into Paintings: 5 Options for Creating Painted Masterpieces! 7 months ago Have you captured a photo you desperately want to showcase as a painting? Read on to discover 5 ways to turn a photo into a painting!
How to Get the Best Lighting for Your Portrait Photography 7 months ago Portrait photography lighting might seem hard, but it doesn't have to be. Discover how to create gorgeous portraits with these simple lighting tips!
How to Merge Two Photos in Photoshop: A Step-By-Step Guide 2 years ago Want to make landscapes pop? Give your photos an artistic flare? Learn how to merge two photos in Photoshop to give you images that something extra!
How to Fix Overexposed Photos: The Ultimate Guide 2 years ago Do you want to know how to fix overexposed photos, fast? These step-by-step instructions will tell you everything you need to know!
White Background Portrait: How to Capture Portraits With a Pure White Background 2 years ago How do you capture beautiful white background portraits? Discover easy techniques for perfect white backgrounds, both indoors and outdoors!
How to Focus Stack in Lightroom and Photoshop 2 years ago Focus stacking can make an incredible difference in your best shots. Follow our guide and learn how to start utilizing this technique today!
How to Create Forced Perspective Photography 2 years ago Forced perspective photography is infinitely interesting and creating. We look at how to create forced perspective photography and share a plethora of mind-boggling examples for your benefit.
How to Stack Images in Lightroom (for Real Estate Photography) 7 months ago How to stack together images for your real estate shots, especially interiors with bright windows? By using Lightroom or the LR/Enfuse plugin or Photomatix.
How to Blur the Background of Your Portraits 8 months ago How to blur the background and create bokeh for your portrait images by using either a DSLR, point and shoot camera, iPhone or Photoshop.
The Zone System: How to Nail Your Exposure Every Time 2 years ago What is the zone system, and how can you use it to get consistently perfect exposures? Learn all about this technique pioneered by the photography greats!
More How-To Tips from our Archive
- Learn How to Create a Watermark in Photoshop: 4 Easy Methods 2 years ago Is it time to add a watermark to your photos? Discover how to create a watermark in Photoshop in four different ways in this article!
- How to Become a Real Estate Photographer 7 months ago Learn how to become a real estate photographer. From kit requirements to editing, marketing, and landing your first gig, we've got you covered.
- How to Remove a Person from a Photo: A Guide to Using inPixio’s Free Trial 2 years ago Learn a simple method for how to remove a person from a photo using InPixio Photo Studio's free trial with this easy-to-follow guide. Fix your photos, fast!
- How to Take Good Selfies: 8 Must-Know Tips to Get Better Self-Portraits 2 years ago With the right technique, anyone can up their selfie game. Discover how to take good selfies with these eight tips and tricks!
- 10 Luminar Effects to Take Your Editing to the Next Level 8 months ago What's the quickest way to improve your photos? Check out these amazing Luminar effects, which will instantly enhance your images!
- The Luminar Essentials Panel: Your Guide to Basic Editing in Luminar 4 7 months ago Do you want to create stunning edits using only the Luminar essentials panel? You've come to the right place.
- How to Photograph Lightning 2 years ago Lightning is truly astonishing. The flashes of electricity escaping the sky spark fear and awe within. As a photographer, capturing lighting can be an incredible …
- Ratings, Flags, and Folders: How to Organize Your Photos in Luminar 8 months ago How should you organize your photos in Luminar for the best workflow? Discover everything you need to know about Luminar organization, today!
- Luminar Layers: How to Use Layers in Luminar 4 for Amazing Results 8 months ago How do you use layers in Luminar? Discover everything you need to know about Luminar layers--and how they can help enhance your photos.
- Luminar Shortcuts: 11 Quick Shortcuts to Speed Up Your Luminar Processing 7 months ago How can you have a more efficient Luminar workflow? Dramatically improve your workflow with these easy Luminar shortcuts!
- How to Print iPhone Photos from Home 7 months ago Do you want physical photo prints of the photos you have on your iPhone? This guide on how to print iPhone photos is just what you need!
- Bokeh Tutorial: How to Capture Stunning Bokeh in Your Photos 2 years ago In this article we shall discuss tips on capturing Bokeh. The word Bokeh has been taken from the Japanese dictionary and it means “blur”.
- 10 Photography Beginner Mistakes and How to Avoid Them 11 months ago What are the most common photography mistakes? Find out what mistakes photographers make most and learn how to fix them for stunning photos!
- How to Take Long Exposure Photos: The Ultimate Guide for Day & Night 9 months ago Do you want to learn how to take stunning long exposure photographs? Read on for our tips on mastering long exposure photography.
- How to Post on Instagram from Laptop & Desktop Computers 7 months ago Do you have images on your computer you want to share to Instagram? Read on to find out how to post on Instagram from your laptop or desktop!
- How to Capture Sharp Images: The Ultimate Guide 2 years ago How do you consistently produce sharp images? Discover the secret to producing stunningly sharp photos, every time you press the shutter!
- How to Plan a Photoshoot 2 years ago Are you a photographer with clients, or a team? These essential tips will help you to plan a photoshoot regardless of the event.
- How To Photograph Memorials – Useful Tips, Tricks, and Considerations 2 years ago Memorials are structures that commemorate a certain event or action. War memorials, for example, commemorate those who lost their lives during particular battles or war theatres. Photographing these places can be extremely tricky – there are many considerations to look at. In this guide, we provide information on how to photograph memorials including composition, respect, and post-processing.
- How to Shoot Sharp Portraits: A Step-By-Step Guide 2 years ago Discover how to shoot sharp portraits! Includes step-by-step walkthroughs. Learn to never take a blurry portrait again!
- How to Quickly Open Your Smartphone Camera (On Any Model) 2 years ago Discover how to quickly open your smartphone camera. Never miss a photo opportunity again! Pixel, iPhone, Huawei, and Samsung.
- Macro Photography Lighting: How to Take Your Macro Photos to the Next Level 7 months ago Do you want to master macro photography lighting? Discover the secrets to amazing natural light for macro photos. Level up your macro images!
- How to Set Up a Wedding Portfolio Online 7 months ago The top online resources for setting up, sharing, selling and promoting your professional wedding photography portfolio.
- How to Make Great Videos (with Your DSLRs or Mirrorless Cameras) 8 months ago Thinking of creating some videos with your DSLR or Mirrorless Camera? Then these DSLR Video Tips are for you: ✓ Focus, ✓ Stabilization, ✓ White Balance, ✓ Filter Tips and many more... Start shooting great vides now. Discover amazing picks created by our pro photographers.
- How to Organize your Photography Equipment 2 years ago 10 useful tips on how to organize your photo equipment. Learn about mobile tethering, card wallets, storing light stands, photo gear, and more.