7 Top Backpacks for Less Than $50
If you travel quite often with your photography equipment, you have got to get got to have a camera bag to pack everything.
Over the years a dedicated photographer would no doubt have added several pieces of gear, including camera bodies, lenses, memory cards, filters et all. When traveling with several pieces of small photography tools, it becomes crucial that you conveniently carry everything in one single bag ready to go.
Related Post: What All Goes Into My Camera Bag
I guess you have figured it out by now. Today’s discussion is about camera backpacks. But today we don’t have the budget to splurge.
We have 50 bucks, and we need a decent backpack for our DSLR and accessories to load up.
Can you get a camera bag under $50 for your DSLR?
The answer is: yes.
And there are quite a few options out there!
But we have a few basic parameters for the backpack to work. We need to pack one DSLR body and at least two lenses – one medium tele and one wide angle.
We also need at least a couple of slots for carrying accessories such as a flash and a set of ND filters. Anything more than that and it is a bonus. So, let the hunt for the best camera backpacks begin.
Top 7 Camera Backpacks under $50 Compared
- Case Logic DSLR Compact Backpack (Black) @ $37.99
- Vanguard Oslo 47 Sling Bag (Gray) (Note: Not under $50!) @ $58.99
- Accessory Power USA Gear S17 DSLR Camera Backpack @ $49.99
- Ruggard Outrigger 65 DSLR backpack @ $49.95
- Vivitar DKS-18 Photo / SLR / Laptop Sling Backpack @ $41.15
- Manfrotto Essential DSLR camera backpack (Note: Not under $50!) @
- Lowepro Passport Backpack @ Check on Amazon
1. Case Logic DSLR Compact Backpack (Black)
We start with one of the cheapest camera backpacks we could find. The $25 a piece Case Logic DSLR Compact Backpack. This backpack has a compact dimension. It can easily fit in one DSLR camera, a mid-sized tablet, around two lenses and accessories.
The inside of the bag has several padded compartments for safe storage of your photography accessories. Plus there are enough side pockets to keep your travel documents.
- Compact backpack fits DSLR camera, 2 photo accessories, iPad and personal items in comfortable, lightweight...
- Unique fold-out camera storage with dual zippers and protective flap allows for quick access to camera gear
- Fits compact DSLR camera plus 2 accessories
- Side zippered pockets store an extra battery, cables, lens cap, or small accessories
- Upper compartment stores personal items such as a jacket, sunglasses or a snack. Fits Devices: 7.5 X 5.11 x 7.5
2. Vanguard Oslo 47 Sling Bag (Gray)
The Vanguard is a proper sling bag, unlike the Case Login that we discussed at the top. But you have the option to carry it as a sling bag as well as a backpack. The inside of the backpack has enough space to slide in a mid-sized tablet.
There is a very convenient top storage compartment that you can use for storing books, charging adapters or even a snack. The side pocket has room to slide in a small travel tripod.
On the other side, you have a slide in pocket for storing a water bottle. Apart from these, there are extra pockets where you can keep your accessories. The backpack comes complete with a rain cover.
- The bag comes with a removable divider so you can keep your devices separated.
- The quick side access and integrated 8" tablet compartment keeps all of your things well organized.
- There is enough room in the gray Oslo 47 Sling bag that you can carry your camera, tripod, tablet, and accessories all...
- The 47GY Sling bag allows you to easily access your camera and will let you capture photos without delay.
- Just load it up, throw it over your shoulder, and let your inspiration take you away.
3. Accessory Power USA Gear S17 DSLR Camera Backpack
The Accessory Power USA Gear S17 is a very solid design one that has been created keeping in mind the way photographers tend to access their gear while traveling.
It is designed to ensure accessing your gear is easy and convenient. You don’t have to unzip the main pouch all the way to reach your camera. Just unzip the top pouch, and your camera and lens will be within your grasp.
It certainly helps that the backpack can be used alternatively as a sling bag which makes it far easier to access your photography gear.
There are dedicated pouches to store lenses and accessories as well. The best thing is you can even carry a small 15.6” laptop inside the backpack.
Apart from that, there are eight accessory pockets. Plus you can also slide in a tripod in the dedicated holder. A rain cover is also provided. Overall one of the most versatile camera backpacks you can take on your photography sojourns.
- FORTIFIED STRAPS AND CARRYING HANDLE - Reinforced straps and a bolstered handle makes this a safe and easy to carry...
- THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF SPACE FOR YOUR GEAR - Ditch the boxy, bulky packs. The S17 offers the perfect amount of storage...
- COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZABLE INTERIOR - Adjust the interior to perfectly fit your gear, the padded dividers can be...
- PADDED LAPTOP COMPARTMENT - We know you love your laptop as much as your camera equipment, so the S17's laptop...
- METAL ZIPPERS AND SOFT RUBBER PULLERS - Reinforced zippers with non-slip soft rubber pullers, quickly access your gear...
4. Ruggard Outrigger 65 DSLR backpack
The Ruggard Outrigger is a durable backpack designed to carry one DSLR with a telelens attached and at least two other lenses. It has several adjustable padded pockets inside the main compartment which can be rearranged to store flash units, batteries and or other accessories.
There’s a front padded zip pocket which stores a 9.7” tablet quite easily. A small pouch with an organizer stores change, a snack and maybe a few documents as well.
At the base of the bag is an adjustable tripod strap. A large front pouch (with slip pockets) has also been provided to carry a small book or additional accessories or even travel documents.
You can strap a small travel tripod quite easily in it. Additionally, a rain cover is also provided with the backpack to ensure that you won’t have any issues tackling inclement weather.
- For DSLR & Grip & Attached 70-200 f/2.8 | Holds 4 Additional Lenses & 2 Flashes | Front Padded Zip Pocket Fits 9.7"...
- Interior Padded Dividers | Large Front Pouch | Small Front Pouch with Organizer
- Adjustable Tripod Straps at Base | Padded Shoulder Straps & Waist Belt | Attached Rain Cover
- Limited 5-Year Warranty
Related Post: Review of the Best DSLR Camera Bags
5. Vivitar DKS-18 Photo / SLR / Laptop Sling Backpack
The Vivitar DKS-18 Photo / SLR / Laptop Sling Backpack is a neat design. It is designed keeping in mind three different usages. It serves as a regular backpack if you are going out for the day. And of course, you can use it as your go-to backpack for a weekend outdoor hiking trip.
The bag looks bigger than it is. It can accommodate a 14” laptop and a full sized DSLR with lenses. Some smaller storage pockets ensure easy access to cables, chargers, filters, etc.
Soft cushioned padding provides a comfortable wear for a long duration, and the chest straps ensure no swaying when worn as a backpack. A rain cover comes with the bag for protection against bad weather.
- Lightweight and durably made
- Fit all of your camera accessories in one place
- Keep everything safe and organized
6. Manfrotto Essential DSLR camera backpack
If you cannot even think about leaving town without your DSLR and trusty set of lenses, then the Manfrotto Essential DSLR camera backpack is what you need.
The inner compartment of the Manfrotto Essential Bag holds one smaller sized DSLR along with a wide zoom lens, and an extra lens. There are several pouches inside the backpack that allow you to store accessories such as adapters, cables, filters, cable release, etc.
An additional zipped compartment ensures that you can put in a 13” laptop easily. The inner compartment comes with adjustable dividers. The smaller pouches are zipped to ensure whatever you put in stays there.
There’s a dedicated side pocket for a small water bottle. That makes this one of the most versatile camera backpacks you can take on short weekend trips.
7. Lowepro Passport Backpack
Often when heading out for a weekend photo trip, we prefer carrying just one piece of luggage.
The Lowepro Passport is a small to medium-sized bag that holds our DSLR camera, our primary lens, an extra lens, some accessories and finally a change of clothes. (Both the lenses, however, have to be wide angle lenses.)
There are also several other zipped compartments you can keep your accessories such as filters, travel documents, or even a travel guidebook.
At the front, there is an organizer pocket at the front, wich is ideal for keeping your wallet or coin pouch.
The padded compartments are reconfigurable. Meaning you can rearrange them and configure the backpack into a daypack in case you are heading out for the day.
Finally, there is a compartment to slide in a 13” laptop or a large tablet in case you are heading out to attend a class or need to have your portfolio with you.
- Customizable interior for use as camera bag or daypack
- Cradle fit tablet/laptop pocket with floating-foam construction suspends and protects a device within bag
- Zippered front organizer pocket and two tall side pockets for water bottles
- Padded mesh back pad and contoured shoulder straps for comfort
- Interior zip mesh pocket