It’s one thing to appreciate your photography after you’ve posted it online; it’s a whole new feeling to see your gorgeous photo printed on a canvas and stretching across the wall.
For professionals, canvas prints can be a fantastic way to broadcast your work. For hobbyists, it’s a great way to gift your favorite shots to loved ones.
Regardless of what you plan to do with your prints, it can be hard to know exactly what company to go with when you’re shopping for an online canvas printer.
Looking for a quick side-by-side comparison? Check out our chart below!
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no cost to you. We evaluate products independently. Commissions do not affect our evaluations.
Canvaspop is super easy to use, just upload the image, select the size & frame type, and you’re done!
Founded in 2009, with over 450,000 canvases printed to date, Canvaspop is a go-to for hobbyists and pros alike.
Related Post: Canvaspop Review
Specializing in canvas printing, Canvaspop has been a crowd-pleaser since it first opened its virtual doors. Currently, you can choose from eight different frame and edge options when ordering from the website: black or white border, photo wrap, 0.75-inch deep canvas wrap, 1.25-inch deep canvas wrap, black wood frame, white wood frame, and an espresso wood frame.
After you’ve selected a frame style, you can choose between a number of different sizes, including preset and customizable sizes. While there are a wide variety of options, this makes it difficult to pin down an exact price range, but we’ve put together some general costs so you know exactly what price range to expect:
- For an 8×10-inch print, you’ll be looking at about $76.
- For prints sized 18×24 inches, prints start at $133 for a standard canvas and $221 for an espresso wood frame.
- The largest size available in their pricing chart, the 40×72-inch print, is available between $591 and $800, depending on the frame you choose.
Note: Prices are standard prices and may change. Also, you can get 45% off with the coupon code “PHOTOWORKOUT”.
In addition to its canvas printing services, Canvaspop also offers additional print mediums such as photo collage prints, photo magnets, and photo pillows; all varying in cost.
What We Love
Although this company has only been around since 2009, its customer-first attitude has won over plenty of customers in that time! Separating Canvaspop from the competition, here are a few things we particularly loved:
- 100% satisfaction guarantee. This can be incredibly important for first-time canvas buyers. Purchasing with an online company can be a bit stressful, especially since you can’t just stop in on a Monday afternoon and see how it’s going. Luckily, Canvaspop offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which will soothe first-time buyers. If you’re not completely happy with your purchase, you’ll get your money back and will be out nothing but your time.
- Print your photos from social media. For frequent Instagram users, this is an especially handy feature. Throughout the ordering process, you’ll have the option to upload your photos from your favorite social media website. For professionals that advertise their work through social media, this can make the ordering process seem like a breeze after you log into your account. You can even connect your NFT wallet through Metamask.
- Free digital proofs offered. While we’d love a free physical proof, it’s a great option to get a free digital proof before completing your order. If this is your first time using an online printing service, or even just your first time using Canvaspop, this can be an indirectly handy feature.
What We’d Change
As to be expected with such a popular company, there are a few things that customers would change if they could. For us, it really comes down to just one point:
- Limited editing tools online. Really, there’s very little that needs to be changed about the website or ordering process besides its limited editing tools. When uploading your photos to the website, it might be easier for some to crop and edit your photos in a program on your computer first. During the ordering process, there’s very limited editing function, which will be discouraging for those who are looking for an exact product.
CanvasChamp may not be as easy to use as Canvaspop, but it gives you more choices in terms of print medium, borders, wraps, hardware, and finishing.
CanvasChamp makes quality printing available to everyone at reasonable prices. What sets it apart from the competition is its level of customization when it comes to printing material. While others offer only canvas prints, CanvasChamp offers alternatives such as metal, wood, and acrylic prints.
Related Post: CanvasChamp Review
For the most part, CanvasChamp will feel like a service for professionals. It offers a variety of mediums to print on and has some fantastic customer service available through its website. There are a lot of default sizes available, but you can also select your own customized size if you need something special.
Due to the company’s high levels of customization, their prices do tend to vary pretty widely. However, as we did for Canvaspop, we’ve collected some general prices, so you know what to expect:
- 5×7-inch prints are the smallest size listed in the pricing chart and cost only $4.20 (at a 93% discount already applied).
- 18×24-inch prints will cost you $22.49.
- 45×45-inch prints are the largest size listed in the pricing chart and currently cost $383.70.
For those looking for some alternatives to canvas printing, CanvasChamp has extra features at very reasonable prices for their photo boards, acrylic, and metal prints. These alternative forms of printing are available in sizes between 8×8 inches and 30×30 inches.
- Photo boards are priced between $22.63 for an 8×8-inch print and $57.71 for a 30×20-inch.
- Metal prints start at $10.34 up to $218.60 with ongoing promotions.
- Acrylic prints will cost between $33.76 and $467.93, depending on the size you order.
What We Love
With a company as expertly managed as CanvasChamp, there’s a lot to love. For the most part, this website has been highly reviewed, and for good reason. Here are some of our favorite aspects:
- Coupons readily available. You can often find deals and coupons which will lower the normal price drastically. If you sign up for the CanvasChamp mailing list, you’ll be notified when there are major sales, although there’s also an easily accessible section of their website dedicated to helping you get the best price for your print.
- Lowest price guarantee. While this is advertised in this “professional” section of their website, it’s worth noting that CanvasChamp actually offers a pretty competitive price match. If you can find a product of equal quality for less, they’ll match the price and give you an additional 10% off. For professionals worried about price, this guarantee alone may put CanvasChamp ahead of the competition.
- Expertly wrapped canvases. Although this may go without saying, the top reason this company has been so successful is because of its superior wrapping. Whether you’re a hobbyist or a pro, you’ll appreciate just how tightly wrapped these canvases come.
What We’d Change
Although this is a great company, there are a few things we’d change if we could:
- No next-day shipping option. While this may not be a “make or break” for some, CanvasChamp’s inability to offer next-day or two-day shipping may be a reason to look elsewhere if you’re on a tight deadline. Largely, this is simply due to the fact that some of the actual printing is done outside of the United States, meaning they don’t offer it as they can’t always guarantee where your product will be printed. While some say they received their product within a few days, other customers have complained of it taking weeks.
- There is a charge for proofs. Before ordering an expensive canvas, it’s advised you check out some proofs before going through with the order. For those going through CanvasChamp, unfortunately, there is a small charge for proofs. Although it’s only $1.99, this may cause you to look elsewhere if you’re already on a time and budget crunch.
Comparison Chart: Canvaspop vs CanvasChamp
Looking for a quick comparison of these two heavy-hitting companies? We’ve done all the searching so you don’t have to. Check out our chart as we compare CanvasChamp and Canvaspop!
|Customer Satisfaction (Out of 5)||4 (PCMag)||4.4 (Shopper Approved)|
|Print Sizes Offered||Variety of sizes + custom orders||More sizes + custom orders|
|Price||Between $76 and $800||Incredibly low prices starting around $4 with ongoing discounts.|
|Ink and Printers Used||Canon iPF8400; Canon ink set||Eco-solvent, latex printing|
|Canvas Quality||Poly-cotton blend; archival quality||Cotton blend; archival quality|
Choosing the Best Canvas Printer
Whether you’re a pro or a humble beginner, nothing will make you appreciate your photography more than seeing it stretched out on a beautiful canvas.
All in all, both CanvasChamp and Canvaspop offer some fantastic printing options. But when it comes to overall image quality, we have to go with Canvaspop. Whatever you choose, don’t be afraid to order some proofs to make sure you’ll get a product you love.
In the market for a canvas print? Bought one recently that you absolutely love? Tell us about it in the comments below!