The Best Portable Photo Printers
A mobile photo printer is a very useful thing to have and if you are looking for the best portable photo printer currently on the market, you have come to the right place.
In this comparison, we shall review 5 portable photo printers that you can buy on Amazon. If you are looking for a compact printer that prints photos (not necessarily of professional quality, but still good), then this review is for you.
5 Best Portable Photo Printers in 2018
✔ Canon Selphy CP1200 Black Wireless Color Photo Printer at from $85.00 688 Reviews (Amazon Best Seller)
1. HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer (Our Pick)
Price on Amazon: $129.95 1,295 Reviews
The HP Sprocket is one of the best portable photo printers in the business. It is designed to print social media photos on 2 x 3″ stick backed photo papers. The printer is designed to ideally work with smartphones and tablets. All you have to do is connect your social media account via the Sprocket App and make prints.
This is a very compact printer. As a matter of fact, it fits perfectly inside a small bag. It weighs just 6.1 ounces. A lithium polymer battery powers the device making it truly mobile. It uses HP ZINK photo paper which means you never have to change cartridges ever. These papers are smudge free, water resistant and extremely durable. The fact that they have a peel-off back means you don’t need irritating glue-sticks to work with. Perfect for school projects.
You don’t have to print plain vanilla prints though; the Sprocket app comes with a full package of image embellishments including emojis, borders, fun text styles and much more to spice up your photos before you print them.
Sprocket supports Bluetooth connectivity. Thus, connecting to it and setting it up anywhere at home, at the office or even a party is very easy. The fact that connecting to it is so easy everyone can use it to print images on demand. Set it up at a party and everyone can print their favorite moments.
- Live it - Love it - Print it: Printing off social media photos has never been easier from your smartphone. Connect your...
- A Social on-the-go portable printer: Sprocket uses seamless Bluetooth connectivity, so you can set it up at parties and...
- Have fun - be creative: Customize your photos before you print with the HP Sprocket App to add fun text, borders,...
- Instant snapshots anywhere: This compact photo printer was made to go wherever you do. It easily fits into any bag, so...
- How to print: Connect the Sprocket Photo Printer to your mobile device via Bluetooth. Download the free and easy-to-use...
Related Post: Best Professional Photo Printers
2. Canon SELPHY CP1200 Black Wireless Color Photo Printer (Amazon Bestseller)
Price on Amazon: from $85.00 688 Reviews
The Canon Selphy CP1200 is one of the best wireless color portable photo printers available in the market. It comes with a dedicated Wi-Fi button. Pressing it activates Wi-Fi and connects the device to any available network at your home/office.
It is compatible with PictBridge and Canon PRINT. The device is also compatible with AirPrint. That means you can print without issues from all of your apple devices. As a bonus, the printer comes with an Access Point mode as well. This ensures that even in the event you are somewhere without a wireless network you can still make prints.
There is a Canon PRINT app for both Android and iOS which allows you to print directly from your smartphone. You can use the same app to set up the device the first time you use it.
Related Post: Best Slides Scanners
There is an optional battery. This allows you to take this printer practically everywhere. At a party, at school or even an outdoor event. Allows you to make images and hand out prints as souvenirs as marketing material and so on. On a full charge the battery stores enough power to make up to 54 prints.
There is a flash drive and an SD card slot as well. Just in case you prefer to plug in your camera / SD card to the device to print. Additionally, there is a 2.7″ tilting LCD screen that ensures that works as your reviewing window. You can also do some light editing work before finalizing everything to print.
Related Post: Best Online Photo Printing Services
The Canon Selphy CP1200 can print up to a maximum size of 4 x 6″. But that is just one of the sizes you can print. You can print label sizes, squares and small stickers 8 at a time. So, this is not your typical home/home office printer. But if you love printing photos from time to time you would love this printer.
The device uses a special paper type and ink. The interesting thing is the amount of ink the printer comes with just the right amount for the number of paper loaded into the device. That can be 18, 36 or 54. The idea is to minimize wastage of paper and ink as much as possible. Canon calls this the Dye Sublimation technology. This technology ensures that the images you print will remain smudge free and fade free for decades. Undoubtedly, the Selphy CP1200 is one of the best portable photo printers in the business.
- Dedicated Wi-Fi button to easily connect to and Print from your Wireless network.
- Airprint enabled! Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your Compatible iPhone, iPad; 47 seconds for borderless 4 x 6"...
- Just the Perfect combination. Each selphy ink and paper kit comes with exactly enough of each to Print 18, 36, or 54...
- Easily Print your favorite Facebook and Instagram memories right from your smartphone or tablet with the Canon Print...
- Enjoy portable printing with a stylish compact design and optional battery pack - up to 54 prints from a single charge!
Related Post: Best Photo Printing Paper
Price on Amazon: $109.99 222 Reviews
This is a sleek and elegant looking portable printing solution for photo prints. The SereneLife Portable lets you print from most of Apple’s smartphone and tabs as well as Android devices.
Built-in wireless connectivity ensures that you can print without having to manually connect a laptop or a camera to the printer. Simply connect to the printer’s Wi-Fi network to do that.
The device comes with a built-in battery. This battery lasts for a full 25 prints. You can thus take it practically anywhere you want to and print without any electricity or wireless / internet connectivity.
Related Post: How to Directly Print from Your iPhone
Print quality is great. An average print has a resolution of 291 DPI which is almost the same as the printing industry standard of 300 DPI. The paper is glossy in quality.
A completely green design, the SereneLife portable printer comes with a cartridge that loads up enough paper and ink for about 10 prints. Just about enough of both to ensure that it prints the full number of prints as paper loaded into it and so that there is wastage. The whole cartridge gets changed after the ‘ink’ and the paper is exhausted. You don’t have to handle individual ink cartridges. So, there is no smudging or leakage in the fingers and so on.
A separate mobile app PICKIT is available for Android and iOS platforms. Download and install the app and set-up your printer. The app also works as a basic photo retouching tool as well. You can crop images, add different color scheme or filters before finally selecting the ones for print.
- INSTANTLY PRINT FROM SMARTPHONES: Connects with all Apple iPhone 4s, 5, 6, 7 and Later, iPad, Android Smartphones and...
- PORTABLE DESIGN: This portable printer comes with a built in battery that lets you take it anywhere. Print up to 25...
- NO PAPER NO INK: Inkless self contained cartridges contain both paper and ink, enough for 10 prints. Easy to change. No...
- COLOR & COMPATIBILITY: This mobile phone printer produces high quality fully laminated 291dpi glossy images. Prints are...
- PICKIT MOBILE APP: To use this mobile printer, download the PICKIT app and choose digital photos from your camera roll....
Related Post: Best Photo Software (for Windows)
Price on Amazon: $98.00 2,109 Reviews
The Polaroid ZIP Mobile with ZIN or Zero Ink is one of the best portable photo printers around. Why? Because Polaroid has been synonymous with the term instant photo prints and more so because of the Zero Ink (ZINK) technology.
The Polaroid Zip Mobile is capable making 2 x 3″ full color and smudge free prints. The Polaroid Premium Zink (Zero Ink) papers also have a peel-back sticky back side. The sort of that is perfect for school projects and for printing a quick print for decorating your work place.
Related Post: Best Home Use Photo Printers
The ZINK technology uses a unique color forming molecular structure. These molecules get activated when you subjected to heat inside the printer. Absolutely no external ink is used. These results in stunningly deep and vibrant colors that are smudge proof. The papers are resistant to water, are tear resistant and also dry to touch ensuring absolutely smudge proof results straight out of the printer.
The fact that the printer is Bluetooth and NFC capable, it is capable of printing directly from your smartphone/tablet. You don’t even need a wireless network to print. Along with the printer, you also get the Polaroid ZIP app for both iOS and Android platforms. Using this app you can make some casual retouching and corrections before selecting the images for print.
The best thing about the Polaroid ZIP Mobile is its portable sleek design. It is designed as a mobile printer and its dimensions give it away. It measures 2.9 x 4.7 x 0.9″ and weighs just about 6.6 ounces. This, and the fact that it has its own rechargeable battery is why you can pretty much take it with you anywhere you want to. Just slip it in your bag and you are ready to go. The built-in battery charges in about 1.5 hours. On a full charge, you can print about 25 sheets. It takes less than a minute to print one photo.
- SMARTPHONE MEMORIES MADE REAL - Using the Polaroid ZIP is fast and easy! Just connect a smart phone or tablet via Wi-Fi...
- STUNNINGLY VIBRANT PRINTS - ZINK ZERO INK printing technology eliminates the need for film, ink, toners, cartridges, and...
- FREE POLAROID MOBILE APP - Take your photography to the next level by downloading the FREE Polaroid app, compatible with...
- TRAVEL-READY DESIGN - The mini and pocket sized design is compact, super portable and perfect for anyone who loves to...
- SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE - Only Polaroid products offered by authorized dealers are covered by its manufacturer's warranty....
Related Post: The Best Photo Editing Software
Price on Amazon: $99.99 20 Reviews
Among this great looking and portable photo printers, you have something like the Photobee.
‘Cute’ is how you would likely be defining it. But don’t go by its looks alone. It is a useful photo printer. The Photobee can print at 2.3″ x 3.5″ special Photobee stick back paper at a resolution of 310 DPI. That being the highest in the business.
With its built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, you can connect any number of smartphone or tablet with it. Inside there is a rechargeable battery which charges itself via a micro USB cable.
The printer will work only when you insert this special paper. Want a sticker of your favorite photo? Want a series of emojis for your school project? The Photobee is the answer for you. A full page print in four steps and in just 45 seconds.
A single cartridge contains enough photo paper for 12 prints. Three of these cartridges are bundled together. In other words, that means you can make 36 prints with a single pack.
The prints are smudge-free straight out of the printer, water proof and tear resistant. As a matter of the fact, the fourth step of the printing process uses a weather proof coating that will also prevent damage due to exposure to the sun. Want to stick these print on a wall or for a school project book? Simply peel off the sticky back and they become stickers.
The overall dimensions of the printer are 5.8″ x 3.8″ x 1″ and it weighs 12.8 ounces.
- Prints directly from your mobile phone or tablet / Synchronization support for Android and Apple IOS device.
- No ink required. Wi-Fi-connectivity. Micro USB port for charging.
- High efficiency battery. Prints out the last photo w/o jamming on low battery
- High-definition image of 310 DPI is the highest in the market.-Pola***(190DPI), Pic***(290DPI)
- Biggest picture in the market at size of 2.28" x 3.50" - Pola***(2' X 3'), Pic***(2.1' X 3.4')
Related Post: ON1 Photo RAW 2017.5 Review (Updated Version)