Stuck at home with no brilliant ideas on what to photograph? Why don’t you try something that you haven’t done before? I.e., drone photography. With drones offering a rare view of the terra firma, they have always intrigued photographers and videographers alike. But in these unprecedented times, they offer something extra – an opportunity to look down on the planet from several hundred feet up and see how things have changed. If you have never flown a drone before this could very well be your one reason to fly them now.
Well of course if you are living in a country that explicitly bans them or restricts flying them in one form or the other you will have no way to do that. But if you are in a country that allows private drones to be flown with some limitations this is your cue to get into drone flying and drone photography. To help you decide on your first drone we are going to take a look at eight of the best budget drones with camera out there.
Best Budget Drones With Camera Under $200
- Potensic T25 GPS Drone
- Snaptain S5C Wi-Fi FPV Drone
- Potensic D58, FPV Drone
- SIMREX X11 Upgraded GPS Drone
- Holy Stone HS120D
- Snaptain SP500 Foldable GPS FPV Drone
- Holy Stone HS270
- Holy Stone HS100
1. Potensic T25 GPS Drone
The Potensic T25 is a relatively small drone designed for recreational flights. The built-in camera captures full HD 1080p videos. The lens offers a Field of View of 120 degrees. However, you can zoom in with the lens, and the FOV changes to 75 degrees.
A majority of the countries that allow flying of drones as a recreational sporting activity require that the drone comes with GPS. The Potensic comes with dual GPS plus technology that they refer to as 9-axis gyro space.
It is possible to create a custom flight path by activating the functionality. There is also a VR support. VR support ensures that the system is compatible with VR glasses. You can wear your VR glasses (provided your phone supports the functionality) and get a 3D real-time view of what the camera sees.
The system comes with a host of other features. These include the much needed Auto Return Home. This is mandated by a lot of countries that have laid down drone flying guidelines. ARH allows the drone to come back to its launch spot when it is about to run out of power.
Altitude Hold is yet another useful feature. So is Follow Me mode. In this mode the drone is capable of following the user.
- [Convenient and Easy]: With a Aluminum Silver Carry Case, you could bring it outdoor conveniently. Headless Mode, Altitude...
- [Wider Vision & Fluent Transmission]: 2K camera with 120° FOV and 75° adjustable wide angle helps to capture clearly photos...
- [Safer & More Stable Flight]: Equipped with Dual GPS, drone will stand still in the wind and automatic return home when it is...
- [Smart & Fun]: Follow Me Mode & Dual GPS free your hands, while Potensic drone automatically follow you, simultaneously...
- [Farther & Broader]: 2*Modular battery 1000 mAh and up to 300m control range enable you to go farther and see broader.
Did You Know?
FPV stands for First Person View. It is the same thing as when you are playing a first-person view game where you are placed at the driver’s seat. So you basically see what the camera sees. This is useful for composing your videos or still images. Therefore it pays to have a very smooth FPV without any latency and jittering. But when you are flying the line of sight is the better way to handle the drone because it keeps you conscious of the surroundings. But even the line of sight is not always reliable. Especially, when the drone is too far away and you don’t know which way the nose is pointing.
2. Snaptain S5C Wi-Fi FPV Drone
Snaptain S5C is an extremely popular mini drone. It is affordable and easy to fly and comes with a host of features. Among the major features are the gesture control, altitude hold, gravity sensor, and RTF. Voice commands are easy to use and they allow you to perform certain moves which is usually the domain of expert flyers. Things like 360-degree flips and rolls are much easier to accomplish.
Altitude hold functionality allows the drone to hover at a fixed altitude. The steady hovering abilities allow you to capture some really stunning aerial panning videos as well as stills.
Then again you have Trajectory Flight mechanism. In this, you can draw a flight path for your drone and the drone will fly that exact path. This allows you to capture a predetermined view.
First and foremost is the video capabilities of the built-in camera. The drone camera captures 720p videos. Probably the only thing that would upset some first-time drone flyers. These days full HD is almost like a standard. And 4K is a definite plus.
Speaking of video there is a decent video feed that is accessible up to a maximum of 80 meters. Once the feed is recorded you can immediately start editing them and upload them to any social media account. Alternatively, you could download the video clips from the MicroSD card when the drone lands.
One useful feature of the Snaptain S5C is the one button take-off, land and return option. This makes it easy for first time flyers to fly the drone with minimum fuss.
Did You Know?
Some of the drones we have discussed here come with an interesting Headless mode. This mode makes it easier for novice drone flyers to fly it. How exactly? One of the major problems flying a drone from a distance is identifying the vector that it is flying to. This comes from having to identify the nose (i.e., the direction of the drone). With the Headless mode, you can fly the drone without having to worry about that. This is because this feature allows the drone to be flown in any direction regardless of the direction in which the nose of the drone is pointed.
3. Potensic D58, FPV Drone
One quick look at the Potensic D58, FPV drone and you would be mistaken to think it was a DJI Phantom Series drone. The looks are eerily similar. Though a closer observation will reveal the obvious differences.
This drone comes just under the price barrier that we have set for this discussion.
Flight time is a contentious topic. A large number of drone manufacturers don’t always reveal exact flight time details on a full charge. At least that information is definite with the Potensic D58 FPV. The company states that the drone flies for 36 mins on a full charge on its twin batteries. And that’s a pretty long time when you come to think of it. A set of spare batteries fully charged means you will have enough content to make nice aerial videos.
One of the main issues faced by cheaper drones is real-time video feed reliability. The Potensic D58 comes with 5G Wi-Fi enabled real-time FPV transmission of what is being captured by the full HD camera.
The lens captures a field of view of 120 degrees to 90 degrees. Usually, when you are shooting with a drone you would want to capture a wide panoramic view of what’s around the 120-degree view does exactly that.
The drone comes with GPS assisted Safe and Stable flight mode. The first thing is GPS gives positional awareness and secondly there are some added advantages to having it. One of them is you have the ability to hover your drone at one spot for a length of time.
The other safety features include one button take-off and land, low battery alarm and out of control protection.
There is also a Follow Me mode. This mode is useful when you want the drone to track your movements. This particular feature is used by vloggers to record them as they move around often in the outdoors. This relatively cost-effective drone can also help you capture those money shots.
- 【36MIN 2 Batteries Ideal Travelling Drone with Case 】: Come with a customized sliver case for holding your drone and...
- 【Upgraded 2K Camera 5G WiFi】: Featured with 5G WiFi camera, this D58 captures 2K images and smooth live video without...
- 【GPS Assisted Safe and Stable Flight】: GPS Mode and altitude hold function make D58 hovers stably in the air. One-button...
- 【Suit for Both Beginners and Experts】: One-key taking off and landing for kids and beginners, 3 speed mode for pilots of...
- 【Follow Me & Orbit Mode】: D58 can follow your steps everywhere under the Follow Me mode. Orbit mode helps take a...
4. SIMREX X11 Upgraded GPS Drone
This is yet another budget drone designed for the beginner flyer. But there are a bunch of features that even an enthusiast drone flyer would be interested to test out. One of these features is the Stabilized gimbal controlled camera. A gimbal-stabilized camera unit ensures that the videos are super steady during recording.
The other useful feature is the 5G Wi-Fi FPV. The FPV allows you to keep things in the frame when composing. Therefore the 5G Wi-Fi FPV is a useful feature to have. The Simrex X11 offers a 1080p HD 108 degree FOV with adjustable FPV. With it, the system comes with two-axis gimbal stabilization
The Simrex X11 has a total declared flight time of 22 minutes. It is powered by a 3150 mAh battery. While that may not sound like much especially when you compare the Potensic D58, but for practical purposes that is good enough.
Apart from that the drone has one key take-off, land, and return options. This makes it easier to launch the drone as well as land it for beginner flyers.
The maximum distance that the Simrex X11 can reach is 500 meters. There is a Headless Mode too which helps in orientating the drone when flying in line of sight view.
And just in case you are worried about losing the drone there is an Auto Return Assisted Flight and GPS location. This also comes in handy when the drone is low in power. It automatically comes back to the point it was launched from.
There is also an Altitude Hold option which ensures that the drone can stay suspended in one spot in the air. As has already been discussed this allows you to capture interesting stills and videos from a birds-eye perspective.
- Ultra-Long Flying Time: Capacity of the battery is up to 3150mAh, which provides about 22 minutes ultra-long flight time. And...
- 1080P HD 108°FOV Adjustable FPV Camera: Captures high-quality video and aerial photos for the memorable moments. See the...
- Headless Mode: Orientation of the drone is in relation to the operation, when eyes can't identify the orientation of the...
- Drone with GPS Location & Auto Return Assisted Flight：Provides you with accurate positioning details of your drone.When...
- Easy to fly: With functions like One Key Take off/Land/Return, Altitude Hold Mode, Headless Mode, and High/Low Speeds Switch...
5. Holy Stone HS120D
The Holy Stone HS120D is definitely designed for an avid drone flyer. It should be suitable for both a beginner and an enthusiast. Sure at this price point, what we are looking for is not the best in the business, but the best budget drones with camera that match our requirements. The Holy Stone HS120D is definitely a good buy.
The full HD 120-degree FOV adjustable FPV camera gives you a great first-person perspective when you are flying the drone. Thanks to the full HD FPV once the media is ready you can then share them instantly with your friends and family on social media. Additionally, an SD card slot allows the recording to be saved onboard.
A bunch of interesting features makes the Holy Stone HS120D an interesting buy proposition. The first of them is the Gesture Control feature. It allows you to capture still and videos with a mere gesture.
The flights of the Holy Stone HS120D are GPS controlled. The drone comes with a Smart Return to Home feature. If it loses direct signal or the battery is about to drain out the Smart Return to Home feature will ensure that the drone comes back home automatically. This basically eliminates the possibility of a rogue drone or a drone gone missing.
Three other flight options are Follow Me, Object Trace, and Custom Path. As the name suggests these flight options open diverse possibilities in terms of what you can do with the drone. It adds to the value of your production if you are shooting commercially or for a YouTube vlog.
The total flight time of the drone is 36 minutes with a set of two batteries. That means it offers one of the longest flight times among all of the drones listed here.
- Built for Adventure: The specially designed backpack can carry everything for HS120D, allows you to take this drone anywhere,...
- 2K UHD 120° FOV Adjustable FPV Camera: Capture high definition footage ( 2048*1152p) and directly save to your smartphone;...
- Smarter Return Home: GPS assisted flight, it can perform automatically return home when the drone lost signal, out of range...
- Follow Me, Object Trace, Custom Path: The drone can trace and automatically follow you, let you focus on the moment, take a...
- Better Flight Experience: 2 batteries give you up to 36 minutes immersive flying experience, 250g lightweight yet powerful,...
6. Snaptain SP500 Foldable GPS FPV Drone
To round this discussion we bring in yet another Snaptain drone. The Snaptain SP500. This is also an FPV drone and it transmits full HD 1080p feed of what’s in front of it. The RC controlled drone comes with a controller with a smartphone mount to project the FPV feed. Two modular batteries give it a total flight time of about 30 mins. That definitely is one of the longer flying drones in the business.
This is one of the better drones on this list thanks to an impressive list of features. It has GPS powered Return to Home feature. It also has a Follow Me functionality and a Gesture Control feature.
The Circle Fly is an interesting pre-programmed flight option. In this, the drone flies circles around a point, which can be you or a structure of interest. Allowing you to capture an interesting perspective of yourself or a subject while the drone is flying around it. And to add to that there is also a Drawing a Route option which also allows you to fix a route for the drone to fly around.
Hovering and Altitude Hold are two other features that the Snaptain SP500 holds. These two features have already been discussed in detail previously. They both add some interesting shooting options.
The other features include GPS powered Auto Return to home. We have also discussed how this particular feature prevents a lost drone or a drone that crashes because it ran out of battery or ran out of a radio signal.
7. Holy Stone HS270 GPS 2.7K Drone with FHD FPV
This full-HD+ capable camera-equipped drone comes with a 5 GHz transmission of its FPV footages. The actual resolution of the videos this drone camera can capture is 3840 x 2160, which is the highest among all the drones discussed here. And to ensure smooth transmission of the images to the phone 5G connectivity is used. The FPV range is about 1300 feet; which is decent and more than enough if you are a beginner flyer. But the control range of the wireless controller is 1968 feet.
The usual features list include GPS Auto Return to Home, Follow Me, built-in GPS, Altitude Mode, Headless Mode as well as Auto Hovering. There is also the advanced Flight Path mechanism which allows you to chalk out a predetermined flight path for your drone to follow.
The Holy Stone HS270 is definitely a larger drone. And one disadvantage of that is it takes more power to lift it off the ground and to keep it in the air. The fully charged batteries only last for 18 minutes. That’s definitely on the smaller side when it comes to flight time.
The drone is easy to pack and transport. Such as when you are traveling. The propellers and the arms fold down to a compact box size easy to pack inside a backpack for a short trip. Overall, this is one of the best budget drones with camera on this list. If not the best.
- 2.7 K Camera & 5G Image Transmission -- 2.7K HD camera catches incredible clarity in the photos; 5G transmission ensures...
- Intelligent Flight -- Equipped with GPS positioning, the drone can automatically follow the pilots. When it is losing signal...
- Custom Flight -- Design a flight path by tapping several points or make it fly in circle with camera always against the same...
- Folding Construction-- Both drone arms and propellers are foldable. There can always be surprises on the journey with HS270,...
- Unlock More Play Ways -- It’s quite wind-resistant for outdoor fights. FPV transmission range up to 1300 Ft, control range...
8. Holy Stone 2K GPS FPV RC Drone HS100
The HS100 is equipped with a 2K FPV 120-degree FOV camera capable of transmitting images at 5 GHz. The faster transmit rate essentially means that the smartphone you are using as your FPV screen will show the feed without any jitters.
The 120-degree FOV ensures that a wide area of the scene is captured. Being a big machine has its own advantages. One of those advantages is that it is stable in flight and can resist strong winds and rogue gusts.
It has the popular functionalities of Return to Home, built-in GPS receptor, and Follow Me Mode. The total flight time is 18 minutes on a full charge. The farthest that the controls could successfully contact the drone is at a distance of 1968 feet.
- The Largest & Wind-Resistant: Large body and powerful motors keep drone hovering stably in wind. Headless Mode, Altitude Hold...
- 2K Optimized 120° FOV FPV 5GHz Wi-Fi Camera: 90° Adjustable angle, captures high-quality video and aerial photos. You can...
- Easy to Assemble & Carry: The foldable propellers are pre-assembled. Just insert camera, landing gears and battery. Then, get...
- GPS Assisted Flight: Provides you with accurate positioning details of your drone. Built in Return-to-Home (RTH) function for...
- Flying Time Up to 18 Mins / Longer Control Distance: Capacity of 3500mAh high performance battery and reaching up to 1968FT...
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Certain content that appears on PhotoWorkout.com comes from Amazon. This content is provided ‘as is’ and is subject to change or removal at any time.