Are you looking for the perfect gift for a photographer? Are you wondering what you can get your photographer friend or relative?
Photographers are easy to please–if you know what to look for. And this article is going to give you everything you need to find amazing gifts for any photographer.
Let’s dive right in!
Gifts for Photographers: Table of Contents
Before choosing a gift, ask yourself:
What type of photographer is this person?
If they’re a gear junkie, head to the first section of this article:
As well as the second section of this article:
If they love software, head to the third section of this article:
And if you’re not sure what type of photographer they are, or you just want to get them something cool and photography-related, check out the fourth section of this article:
Best Gear Gifts for Photographers
One thing that’s true about pretty much every photographer, ever:
They love gear.
Unfortunately, photography gear tends to run on the more expensive side. But there is some gear that you can grab for $100 or $200, and it’s bound to be appreciated by your photographer pal.
And don’t worry:
For those of you who have a lot of money to spend, there are items on this list that will blow any photographer away!
1. A 50mm f/1.8 Prime Lens
If you’re looking to give something to a photographer who only recently got started, then it’s tough to go wrong with a 50mm prime lens.
First, 50mm prime lenses are the most useful lenses out there. You can shoot portraits, close-up, nature, landscape, and street photography, plus they’re extremely light and convenient to carry around.
50mm prime lenses are also quite cheap (check out a Canon 50mm f/1.8 or a Nikon 50mm f/1.8), while still providing excellent optical quality.
For the photographer looking to upgrade from their first kit lens, a 50mm prime lens is the way to go.
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous Move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens Construction: 6 elements in...
- Fast, upgraded f/1.8, compact FX format prime lens. The picture angle with 35 millimeter (135) format is 47 degree and the...
- Focal length 50 millimeter, minimum focus distance 1.48 feet (0.45 meter)
- Newly developed optical system with aspherical lens element, exclusive Nikon silent wave motor (SWM)
- M/a focus mode switch, filter thread 58 millimeter, autofocus: Yes. Dimensions (approx.) (from the camera lens mounting...
- Optimized for edge to edge sharpness on both fx and dx format d SLRS
2. A 70-200mm Lens
If your photographer friend already has a 50mm prime lens, the next step up is a 70-200mm lens, which will extend their flexibility as a photographer, no matter their genre of choice.
A 70-200mm lens is perfect for tighter portraits, for landscapes, for environmental-style wildlife photos, and more.
Unfortunately, 70-200mm lenses can be a bit pricey. But if you’re willing to pay for it, then a 70-200mm f/4 will be extremely appreciated (and a 70-200mm f/2.8 will make the gift recipient fall out of their seat, because, well, wow).
Check out the Canon 70-200mm f/4, as well as the Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Macro.
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 70-200mm 1:4.0
- Lens construction: 16 elements in 13 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 34 Degree - 12 Degree
- Inner focusing system with USM focus adjustment. Closest focusing distance: 1.2m / 3.9 ft.
- A circular polarizing filter can be attached and used without difficulty because the front lens element does not rotate...
- 70-200mm focal length.Maximum Magnification Ratio 1:3,1 (f=200mm, MFD 0,95m)
- 105-300mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 112-320mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F32 minimum
- Micromotor-type AF motor without full-time manual focusing
- 77mm filters
At some point, pretty much every photographer needs a tripod.
However, choosing a full-sized tripod is a tricky business, because photographers tend to be very picky.
That’s where the JOBY GorillaPod comes in.
It’s a small tripod that’s designed to hold cameras up to 3 kgs (6.6 lbs) in weight. So if you’re shopping for a photographer who owns a small DSLR or a small-to-medium mirrorless camera, the GorillaPod will do the trick.
It’s also amazingly flexible, which is what makes it useful for pretty much every photographer. Even the pickiest of photographers will have a time when they’ll appreciate the GorillaPod, even if it’s just for family shots!
- Flexible: Grip it. Wrap it. Stand it. Wrappable legs allow you to secure professional camera equipment to virtually any...
- Strong: Holds devices weighing up to 3 kg (6.6 lbs)
- Stable: Rubberized ring and foot grips provide enhanced stability in difficult terrain
- Durable: Japanese medical-grade ABS plastic and German TPE for firm, secure joints
In recent years, smartphone photography has become more and more popular, with smartphones offering all sorts of cameras, lenses, and assorted camera modes.
But one of the areas where smartphone photography fails is in telephoto shooting. It’s tough to integrate a longer lens into a small smartphone, which means that anyone who wants to take photos of distant subjects is out of luck.
That’s where the Moment Tele 58mm lens comes in:
By mounting it on the front of your smartphone, you can double the camera focal length. This makes it possible to capture tighter portraits, tighter landscapes, and more–including shots of larger wildlife!
Best of all, the Moment Tele lens is small and compact, so you can easily carry it in a pocket, a small bag, or a purse.
Note that you’ll want to get the right Moment camera case along with the lens, so that it can interface with the user’s smartphone.
(And for photographers who prefer taking ultra-wide shots to telephotos, check out the Moment Wide lens!)
- The Moment 58mm Tele Lens works with iPhone, Pixel, Galaxy and OnePlus Phones. This product includes a lens, lens cap and a...
- This product REQUIRES you to purchase a Moment Case OR Battery Photo Case to attach the lens to your phone. Mounts over...
- The Moment 58mm Tele lens is sharp edge to edge, bringing you 2x closer to the subject on a single or dual lens phone. Used...
- Moment makes the highest quality attachment lenses on the market. Made with aerospace grade metal and the same hand-polished...
- We backup our products with a lifetime warranty, great customer service and a 100% satisfaction guarantee with free shipping...
Related Post: The Best Nikon Telephoto Lens: An Ultimate Guide
5. Nikon D3500
Are you trying to find a gift for someone who’s been using a point-and-shoot/compact camera, but would like to upgrade to something more powerful?
Then the Nikon D3500 is the perfect buy.
The D3500 is one of Nikon’s cheapest DSLRs, but it also packs a lot of punch, featuring excellent resolution, an amazing group of features, and a whole lineup of top-of-the-line Nikon lenses to choose from.
Plus, the D3500 generally comes with the Nikon 18-55mm kit lens, which is great for general purpose shooting.
Note that a Nikon D3500 also shoots full HD video, so this is a great gift for anyone who likes to film their kids, their friends, or themselves!
- A DSLR that's as easy to use as a point and shoot camera
- Compact, comfortable design that's great for travel and special events
- Image sensor that's 15x larger than those used in typical smartphones for sharper, clearer pictures
- Works with Nikon’s snap bridge app for sharing photos with a compatible smartphone or tablet
- 1080p full hd videos with monaural sound at the touch of a button. Bluetooth version 4.1
6. Sony a6400
Let me be clear:
The Sony a6400 is no cheap gift. While it may be relatively inexpensive compared to other mirrorless options, you’ll still pay a hefty sum for it (and for lenses, too, if you decide to include them).
But if your budget allows for a full-fledged mirrorless camera…
…then the Sony a6400 is a great way to go. It’s packed full of useful features, like an electronic viewfinder, a tilting touchscreen, and so much more. The resolution is impressive, and it’s a camera that can easily get you professional-quality images. Plus, the a6400 is nice and compact–which makes it perfect as a walkaround camera, a travel camera, or just a camera for everyday use.
Note that you can grab the Sony a6400 with a compact 16-50mm kit lens, which is a perfect starting point for photographers looking to get started in the mirrorless world.
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM, large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast detection points over 84 percent of the sensor
- Fast & accurate: Up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24.2 MP raw with crisp, clear natural colors
- Multiple movie functions: Make time lapse movies or slow/quick motion videos without post processing
- Tiltable LCD screen: customizable for vlogging, still photography or recording a professional film
These days, no digital photographer worth their salt uses a Polaroid camera full-time.
But that doesn’t mean they wouldn’t have a lot of fun playing with one, if they got the chance.
In fact, a Polaroid camera is just the type of quirky gift that many photographers would love to receive. It comes with instant gratification, plus some cool features like a flash, a self-timer, and more.
So if you’re looking to give a gift to someone who likes all things photography, a Polaroid camera is a great option!
- High-quality lens (2 ft. - ∞)
- 60-Day battery Life
- Powerful flash
- Self-timer function
Best Accessory Gifts for Photographers
In some ways, accessories are the absolute best gift you can get for a photographer.
Because photographers often spend their whole budget on gear, then skimp on things like bags, backpacks, monitors, and filters. This leaves them desperately wanting better accessories, but unable to pay for them.
That’s where you come in…
If you’re looking to please a photographer who takes portraits, macros, or product-type shots on the go, then a light reflector kit is bound to do the trick.
The Neewer 5-in-1 light reflector kit is inexpensive, convenient, and extremely useful. It comes with multiple reflector colors, so your photographer friend can punch up their photos with various types of light.
Plus, the whole kit folds up into a little bag–so it’s easy to transport from place to place.
- 5 in 1 Light Reflector
- cheap 5 in 1 multi photo reflector disc 43" / 110CM
- quality Multi Disc Light Reflector
- best 5 in 1 Collapsible Multi Disc Light Reflector
- 110CM 5 in 1 Professional Collapsible Multi Disc Light Reflector 43
A camera bag is something pretty much every photographer needs. After all, nobody wants to constantly carry their gear around their neck (especially if they have a lot of it!).
Of course, photographers tend to be picky about their gear bags, which is what makes the Hadley Pro such a great option.
First, it’s well-made, featuring durable, waterproof materials and brass buckles.
Second, it’s stylish, and comes in a variety of colors.
Third, it carries a decent amount of gear without going overboard; a photographer could fill it with a camera body and two lenses, perfect for a day shoot or walkaround photography.
Related Post: 6 Best DSLR Leather Sling Bags
- Quick-release system allows you easy-access to your gear
- Solid brass buckles allow you to customize the fit of the dual front pockets
- Secondary stud fitted to each front pocket's top outer corner that allows you to increase or reduce their capacity and...
- Removable camera insert secures with a single press stud inside the main compartment
- Interior top divider on camera insert shields your gear from rain or snow
Are you looking for a photography gift for something who shoots landscapes?
If so, then a polarizing filter may be the way to go. It’s something that pretty much every serious landscape photographer wants, and it’ll help them enhance their photos by deepening colors and removing reflections.
Note that more experienced landscape photographers will likely have a high-quality polarizing filter already, but beginners definitely won’t.
Also note that polarizing filters come in different sizes, depending on the size of the camera lens (the filters screw onto the front), so you’ll need to make sure that you match the filter thread size with the size of the photographer’s landscape lens. If you’re not sure how to broach the topic without tipping your photographer friend off about the gift, just ask them what lenses they use; any photographer will jump at the chance to tell you everything about their gear!
- This filter uses our standard B+W F-Pro filter mount, which has a front accessory thread and is made of brass.
- Each glass surface is vacuum coated with one layer of Anti-Reflection coating. This single layer helps to prevent internal...
- Manufactured from Water-White Schott Glass
If you want to make sure your photographer friend thinks about your gift constantly…
…then try giving them the LG 27-inch 4K monitor.
This LG monitor is fairly expensive, so you’ll want to make sure that it’s in your budget before getting your heart set on it. But the resolution is incredible, and it’ll be perfect for photo editing–not to mention that it’ll definitely make your gift recipient’s photos look amazing.
- 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) IPS display
- Srgb over 99 percent
- AMD Free Sync; Input 100~240 Volt, 50/60 Hertz
- On screen control with screen split
- Game mode and black stabilizer gaming features. Brightness : 350 cd/m2
Are you looking to get something utilitarian? Something that a photographer will really use, day in, day out?
Then check out the Altura neck strap, which is the perfect way to harness a camera–while also keeping it safe.
Unlike standard camera neck straps, the Altura is made for comfort, offering shoulder padding, plus unique shoulder-sling design. Photographers who shoot action will especially appreciate how the strap holds the camera at their hip, rather than around their neck; this makes it easy to grab the camera and start shooting!
The Altura Photo Vintage Camera neck strap is no expensive buy, but it’s something that most photographers will appreciate!
Related Post: The Best Camera Straps (10 Great Picks)
- EXPLORER EDITION: The new explorer edition multi-colored pattern design camera strap is a perfect stylish addition to your...
- OPTIONAL SAFETY TETHER: Includes an additional optional safety tether that can act as a backup connection between your camera...
- REINFORCED MATERIALS: Includes an anti-slip rubber pouch to fit perfectly on your shoulder and a zipper pocket for extra...
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with any DSLR Camera with a standard ¼" tripod screw mount. (Includes: CANON EOS R RP...
- PREMIUM CUSTOMER SERVICE: Backed with DIGITAL GOJA 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
One of the most frustrating things about photography…
…is how much space the photos take up.
Which is why pretty much every photographer you meet will have a storage issue.
In other words: With the exception of professionals (who probably bit the bullet and spent hundreds of dollars on a high-end storage system), photographers always need storage.
And you can be the one to give it to them.
Now, you have a few options, depending on how much you want to spend. A 1 TB drive would be appreciated, no doubt about it. A 2 TB drive is even better, and manages to combine a reasonable price with a useful amount of storage space. And a 3 or 4 TB drive is fantastic, but don’t feel obligated to pay the higher prices if you don’t want to.
For photographers, any amount of storage is useful!
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility
- Fast data transfers
- Improve PC performance
- High Capacity; Compatibility Formatted NTFS for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7; Reformatting may be required for other...
- 2 year manufacturer's limited warranty
If you’re looking to satisfy a photographer who’s been shooting for a long time, an inexpensive way to start is with a memory card case.
Most experienced photographers have a lot of memory cards–and no real way to keep track of them or keep them in order. The cards get lost, get damaged, and create too much frustration.
That’s why a memory card case, while hardly flashy, will do a lot of good. And for photographers who like to do a lot of shooting outdoors, a waterproof, shockproof-type case is probably your best bet (after all, you don’t want your case to get damaged faster than the cards!).
Note that if you really want to impress a photographer, get them a case–and fill it with high-speed memory cards in advance.
- COMPATIBLE WITH SD / MICRO SD CARDS PERFECTLY - You can put total 12 pcs SD/SDHC/SDXC cards and 12 pcs MicroSD cards in the...
- FULL PROTECTION - Tough resin clamp ensures cards are safely locked away from the weather, water, damp, dust and anything...
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE - Small and lightweight design(5.5 * 3 * 1.1 in,only 140 g), Easy carrying by simplely slipping into...
- HIGH QUANLITY - Tough and water-resistant Polycarbonate case for most safety in carrying and storage of your memory cards.
- WHAT YOU GET - Beeway memory card case x1,Storage drawstring bag x1,Carabiner with ring x1
Memory cards such as the ones below:
No photographer can capture photos without a good set of memory cards.
And while memory cards aren’t exactly cheap, they’re not expensive, either–so they make a great gift.
But which memory cards should you buy?
For action photographers, and photographers who shoot a lot of video, cards with a high write-speed are essential. For instance, you could go for the SD Extreme 64 GB cards, which write at 150 MB/s. Or you could go for a slightly slower write-speed, like you’d get with these SD Ultra cards; no, they don’t work for action photographers and videographers, but they’re just fine for more deliberate photographers (e.g., those that do still-life, macro, or portrait work).
Note that you’ll need to make sure that you get cards that work with your photographer’s camera. These days, SD cards are the most popular, but some DSLRs use Compact Flash cards, and some of the really high-end cameras take XQD cards like these.
Related Post: We Compared the Best SD Card Readers So You Don’t Have To‘
- Shot speeds up to 60MB/s*, transfer speeds up to 150MB/s* requires compatible devices capable of reaching such speeds. |...
- Perfect for shooting 4K UHD video(1) and sequential burst mode photography | (1)Full HD (1920x1080) and 4K UHD (3840 x 2160)...
- Capture uninterrupted video with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and Video Speed Class 30 (V30)(2) | (2)Sustained video capture rate...
- Built for and tested in harsh conditions(3): temperature-proof, waterproof, shock-proof, and x-ray-proof | (3)Card only
- Lifetime limited manufacturer warranty (30-year warranty in Germany, Canada and regions not recognizing lifetime warranty)
- Great for compact to midrange point and shoot digital cameras and camcorders
- Twice as fast as ordinary SDHC cards, allowing you to take pictures and transfer files quickly
- Exceptional video recording performance with Class 10 rating for Full HD video (1080p)
- Quick transfer speeds up to 80MB/s and WaterProof, temperature Proof, X ray Proof, magnet Proof, shockproof
- 10 year limited warranty
- Xqd performance: The new XQD cards achieve Max read 440MB/s, Max write 400MB/S2 by using PCI Express Gen. 2 interface.
- Superior strength: exceptional durability even during intense use. Up to 5x more durable compared to standard XQD. Tested to...
- Fast reading & Writing: maximizes performance of XQD cameras, whether 4K video recording or continuous burst mode shooting,...
- High durability: shock proof, Anti-Static and resistant to breakage. Full performance in extreme temperatures, also UV, x-ray...
- Downloadable filed Rescue: applies special algorithm to achieve higher rate of recovery for raw image, MOV files and 4K...
Take it from me:
Camera lenses are always dirty. They get water stains. They get dusty. They get sand, grime, grit, you name it.
The same is true for cameras. The LCDs are always full of fingerprints, and the viewfinders end up full of dust and hairs.
Which is why a professional cleaning kit is something that every photographer needs.
You don’t need to get anything fancy. A kit with a rocket blower, a lens pen, and a brush (for sand, dust, and dirt) will do the trick.
And thanks to you, a photographer’s gear will be cleaner than ever!
- Kit Includes: Altura Photo Lens Cleaning Pen System + Altura Photo High Quality Lens Brush + Altura Photo Air Blower Cleaner...
- Digital Goja is the only seller of the Altura Photo cleaning kit. Please be careful purchasing similar looking kits that may...
- This Altura Photo cleaning kit is compatible with all camera brands and models.
- PLEASE NOTE: Spray bottle arrives empty. Fill it with water or your favorite cleaning solution.
- Backed with Digital Goja 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
These days, editing with graphics tablets is all the rage in the professional photography community.
And it’s not something that’s going to change anytime soon.
See, a graphics tablet lets you edit photos with great precision–which is necessary if a photographer wants to stand out in today’s world.
Plus, using a graphics tablet is just, well, fun.
Now, the Wacom Intuos tablet isn’t the flashiest option out there, but it’ll do the job, and it’ll do it very, very well. The tablet comes with a high-quality pen, an 8×5 drawing surface, and a series of Express Keys that can be programmed with useful shortcuts.
All that, along with a reasonable price and wireless connectivity.
In other words:
This tablet is a winner!
- Drawing tablet to use in any software for digital art, photo editing and animation. With 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity,...
- Connect this digital drawing tablet for computer via USB or wirelessly with Bluetooth to your Mac (OS X 10.11 or later) or PC...
- Medium sized art tablet features a slim design, compact footprint and a larger drawing area (8.5 x 5.3 inches) ideal for use...
- Easy setup, for both left and right handed use; The pen doesn't need to be charged so you can start creating immediately; 4...
- Bonus: Register your Intuos to receive Clip Studio Paint Pro (2-yr license), and try out Corel Painter Essentials 7 & Corel...
A remote shutter release is an invaluable tool for landscape photographers, architectural photographers, travel photographers, and more, offering the possibility of shake-free shots even when capturing the longest exposures.
Many beginner photographers don’t quite realize how important a remote release is, so they don’t buy one and their photography suffers.
But you can be the one to remind them!
Shutter releases vary in price, from the super basic (but still useful) to the high-end, slightly pricier versions that allow for the photographer to carefully time their shots. Make sure you get a shutter release that is compatible with your photographer’s camera, however; some releases only work with certain camera models.
- 💿 This AODELAN wireless shutter release with 2.4GHz wireless transmission , distance up to 60M/200ft.Replace Canon TC-80N3...
- 💿 Intervalometer can be set to 0.1 seconds for more accurate timing control. Besides the full functions of shutter...
- 💿 Wireless shutter and wired shutter.The Transmitter can detect the radio signal from the receiver automatically,...
- 💿 Compatible cameras: Canon EOS RP, R,M5,M6,1D X Mark II,1D X,1D C,1Ds Mark III,1Ds Mark II,1Ds,1D Mark IV,1D Mark III,1D...
- 💿 Compatible cameras: Canon Digital Rebel (300D),SL3(250D),SL2 (200D),SL1 (100D), Elan series, PowerShot SX70 HS,SX60...
These days, it’s hard to find a photographer who carries a light meter when shooting (with the exception of professional studio photographers).
But that doesn’t mean that a light meter isn’t extremely useful. And it definitely doesn’t mean that a photographer won’t appreciate one.
Light meters are fantastic for ensuring you get the perfect exposure, which makes them great for portrait work, fashion work, and other studio settings, given how high-pressure these environments can be.
So if you need a gift for a studio-type photographer, a handheld light meter is a good option. Note that the light meter I’ve recommended above, the Sekonic L-308X-U, is rather pricey–but that there are plenty of other, cheaper options to choose from (albeit with fewer features).
- Exposures accurate down to a tenth-of-a-stop for both ambient and electronic flash light readings in full-stop mode.
- At ISO 100 the ambient EV range is 0 to 19.9 flash f/stops range from f/1.0 to f/90.9 with a shutter-speed span of 60-seconds...
- Photo Mode: for still image photographers featuring shutter or aperture priority display of a full range of ambient and flash...
- HD Cine Mode: perfect for DSLR and mirrorless videographers who need to take exposure readings and control light using...
- Cine Mode: designed for use with cinema grade cameras, allows users to select from the most useful frame rates and shutter...
If you’re getting a gift for a photographer who lives in cold weather (and photographs outdoors), then there’s nothing more useful than a pair of 2-in-1 gloves.
See, photographers can’t just use normal gloves, because these don’t give full functionality and get in the way of changing settings, dealing with buttons, etc.
Which is where 2-in-1 gloves come in.
When doing photography, the 2-in-1 liner is perfect. It’s warm enough to keep a photographer’s fingers from getting frostbitten, but thin enough that it’s easy to operate a camera.
Then, when traveling from location to location, a photographer can stick on the outer layer–which will keep their fingers nice and cozy until they’re ready to shoot again.
- DRYRIDE two-layer fabric with waterproof DRYRIDE Membrane 2.0
- Screen Grab Toughgrip palm for total touchscreen control
- Thermacore insulation with brushed microfiber fixed lining provides added warmth
- Removable four-way stretch DRYRIDE Thermex liner provides amplified warmth and versatility; Ergonomic pre-curved fit
- Heater/vent pocket can hold a disposable handwarmer or provide ventilation; Removable wrist leash
Photography blinds are meant to hide a photographer when they go out shooting, so they can get close to birds and wildlife without causing alarm.
Therefore, a portable blind will be welcomed by many wildlife photographers–especially those who are willing to brave the elements to get the perfect shot.
The LensCoat photo blind is made to fit a photographer standing with a tripod, though it can also accommodate a photographer with a handheld gear rig. Note that you could consider purchasing a hunting blind instead, which would offer a slightly more permanent shelter for times when photographers spend all day in the field.
- Expanded Mesh Window
- Velcro closure for securing on your head (back of head)
- Elastic Cinch cord to secure around the lens
- Integrated storage pouch with belt loops and 2 d-rings / internal accessory pocket
- Lightweight, breathable, poly/cotton material
With the possible exception of still life and studio photographers, everyone who owns a camera and lens kit could use a backpack.
Photography backpacks aren’t just regular backpacks, though. They’re designed to keep cameras, lenses, and accessories safe–with padding, compartments, and more.
The key with camera backpacks is to choose one that fits all the gear you need at one time, plus a bit of room in case you purchase some additional kit. At the same time, you don’t want something so big and bulky that it becomes annoying to manage.
That’s what makes the Endurax camera backpack so great. It holds a couple of DSLRs, 4 or so lenses, and a laptop–but it doesn’t feel huge, and the backpack itself is very lightweight.
It’s durable, too; I use the Endurax backpack, myself, and I’ve never had a problem with it in the year I’ve had it. And I’ve subjected it to a lot, including a number of international flights, full to the brim with photography equipment.
- Professional camera backpack with stylish design fit women and man, all types of outdoor gadgets included such as waist...
- Light weight and Roomy - Light weight(3.96 lbs) with large capacity, completely flexible dividers allow this camera bag...
- A separated compartment for up to 15.6” laptop, to convert this laptop and camera backpack to a travel laptop backpack by...
- Durable material build to last– This waterproof camera backpack made from water-resistant fabric, anti theft YKK zippers...
- TUBU Camera backpack brand has been changed to ENDURAX due to TUBU brand registration issue in US since Mar. 8th 2019. Except...
Best Software and Online Gifts for Photographers
Pretty much every photographer, from beginner to professional, uses software.
(And if they don’t use software, they’ll appreciate the push!)
Which is why software will be appreciated by photographers everywhere.
I’ve also added some online learning resources to the list, because photographers who already have software will appreciate learning additional tricks.
There’s a reason that Adobe is the most popular company for photo editing programs:
Its software is really, really good.
Adobe is the maker of both Photoshop and Lightroom, and with Adobe’s Creative Cloud subscription programs, you can buy both at once (for a monthly cost of $9.99 USD, which can also be purchased as an annual plan at $120).
You’d be hard-pressed to find a serious photographer that doesn’t already have an Adobe CC subscription but still wants one, so this gift is best for beginner and enthusiast photographers looking to take their image editing to the next level.
If you’re feeling really generous, you could also throw in a pack of Lightroom presets, or even a subscription to a learning resource such as KelbyOne or Phlearn (see my recommendations below!).
Related Post: Best Photo Editing Software for Windows
24. Skylum Luminar 4
Luminar is a relative newcomer to the post-processing software scene, but don’t let that fool you:
The photo editing suite is amazingly powerfully and wonderfully fresh, thanks to its AI approach to image processing. Plus, you can get a lot done in a very short amount of time, with Luminar Looks (i.e., presets) offering a great way to enhance your photos.
Luminar is a great way for beginners to get started in photo editing, but it’s also something professionals will appreciate, too–especially if they’re looking for a way to shave down editing time while keeping their photos up to snuff.
You can pick up Luminar 4 license on the Skylum website.
Related Post: Luminar vs Lightroom: Which One Is Better?
25. A Pack of Lightroom Presets
If you’re looking to give a gift to someone who uses Lightroom, then a nice pack of Lightroom presets is a fantastic option.
Photographers can easily incorporate presets into their workflow, and can use them to save time, effort, and instantly enhance their photos.
When choosing a preset pack, try to look for options that fit your photographer’s style of shooting.
For instance, wedding photographers will appreciate this wedding-focused preset pack from Lumosmax, while a portrait photographer will want something like this Portrait Essentials preset pack by the Luxe Lens.
Note that, while many photographers love presets, there are some that prefer not to use them. So make sure that you check with your photographer-pal before buying the preset pack!
26. Squarespace Subscription
Many enthusiast photographers dream of putting together a photography website, one they can use to show their work to the world.
But most of them just don’t know how to start, plus they don’t want to deal with the up-front costs of buying a domain name, a theme, and a hosting plan.
That’s where Squarespace comes in. Because a single Squarespace subscription deals with all of those complicated aspects, and it incorporates hosting, theme design, and a domain name all into the subscription package.
One of the great things about Squarespace is how intuitive it is, and how easily you can get a website up, running, and looking great. Plus, it’s not too pricey, so the recipient shouldn’t have trouble renewing the subscription the following year (unless you decide to give it to them a year from now, too!).
You can purchase a subscription on the Squarespace website.
27. Capture One 20
Phase One’s Capture One software is considered to be the more professional alternative to Lightroom (and that’s saying something).
It’s a photo editing program with a ton of power, and while it lacks Lightroom’s intuitive interface, it offers all kinds of customizability options for those who are particular about their software experience.
In fact, for the most serious photographers, Capture One features a better editor than Lightroom. Some of its features, such as its selective color and color toning options, are far beyond what Lightroom can do.
Which is why Capture One software is something that most serious photographers will appreciate.
The biggest issue with Capture One is its price; it doesn’t come cheap, and even the subscription option is more expensive than Adobe’s Lightroom plus Photoshop plan.
But it really does pack a lot of punch!
You can purchase a Capture One license or subscription plan on the Phase One Capture One website.
Speaking of Lightroom alternatives, you should check out one more possibility:
ON1 Photo RAW 2020, which is one of the most comprehensive photo editors I’ve ever seen, plus it just looks plain cool.
The interface is sleek and intuitive, and photographers will love the way they can toggle back and forth between preset-focused editing and more precise editing options.
While Photo RAW 2020 is generally considered a beginner-focused photo editor, photographers of all skill levels will appreciate the power of the software, especially once they start digging into the ON1 “Effects,” which include more advanced editing options such as selective color adjustments and highlight, midtone, and shadow toning.
Also, Photo RAW 2020 does offer one clear advantage over Lightroom:
Layers and masking.
This allows you to easily apply local adjustments without having to rely on the limited functionality of an adjustment brush, and can be an easy way to take photo editing to the next level.
You can purchase an ON1 Photo RAW 2020 license on the ON1 website (for just under $100!).
Related Post: ON1 Review: The Latest Photo RAW 2020 Release
KelbyOne is, simply put, the best photography education company on the web.
It was founded by Scott Kelby, a great photographer and great educator, who now creates courses alongside a team of incredible people.
Now, KelbyOne offers hundreds of courses, all aimed at photographers of different levels. So you don’t have to worry about getting your photographer something too basic or too advanced; there’s something on KelbyOne for everyone.
For folks looking to learn about Lightroom, there’s a series of excellent Lightroom courses.
For folks looking to learn about landscape photography, there are some great courses on that, too.
And for folks hoping to learn everything they possibly can about photography, KelbyOne will give them exactly what they need.
I haven’t even mentioned the coolest thing about KelbyOne:
Because it uses a subscription model, you pay about $10 a month–and you get access to every single KelbyOne course.
You can purchase a monthly (or annual) KelbyOne subscription on the KelbyOne website.
Phlearn is an online education company dedicated to helping photographers master Lightroom, Photoshop, and photography in general.
While Phlearn’s focus tends to be on editing with Photoshop, the platform offers something for everyone, including courses on food photography, landscape photography, product photography, and more.
Phlearn is especially useful for photographers looking to understand photo editing on a deep level; Aaron Nace, the founder and primary instructor, does a fantastic job of breaking down the ins-and-outs of Photoshop and Lightroom, so that anyone can become an expert editor.
Note that Phlearn also uses a subscription model (and is only slightly pricier than KelbyOne). You can purchase a Phlearn subscription on the company website.
Best Fun Photography Gifts
In this section, you’ll find gifts that are ultra-fun and enjoyable. They may not be the most useful photography gifts around, but the coolness factor will make up for it!
Underwater photography is a little-talked about photographic genre, yet it offers some of the most interesting opportunities around.
Of course, most photographers, pros and otherwise, can’t do underwater photography, because high-quality DSLR and mirrorless bodies just aren’t made for the rigors of the water.
That’s why many photographers would love a gift that allows them to take their camera into pools, ponds, and oceans–so they can capture spectacular scenes and a whole new perspective.
Underwater camera housings are made to do just that, sealing in a camera so you can take it several meters below the surface without having to worry about water damage.
Before you buy an underwater housing, check to make sure you account for camera size. Different housings are made for different cameras, so you’ll need to be careful!
- Can withstand pressure to a water depth of 147 feet (45 meters)
- All Camera controls can be easily accessed
- Compatible with step up Ring psur 03 (260606), underwater macro conversion lens ptmc 01 (200975) and underwater wide...
- Can accommodate two external flash units
- Ships with o ring pol 058, optical cable adapter pfca 03, body cap prlc 14, LCD hood pfud 08, anti reflective ring posr 053,...
Are you looking for a gift for a craft-focused photographer? Or even a photographer who loves taking portraits of people on the street?
Then you’ll struggle to find a better gift than the Canon IVY Mobile Mini photo printer, which allows you to print 2×3 images straight from your mobile phone, no wire required.
It works via a Bluetooth connection and produces photos with peel and stick backing, so that the photos can easily be mounted on a refrigerator, a wall, a desk, and so much more.
And did I mention that it’s ultra-compact, so you can carry it absolutely anywhere?
- Print from Bluetooth and social media
- Print 2 inches x 3 inches [hotos with peel and stick backing
- Super portable. Print resolution 314 x 400 dots per inch
- Disclaimer: requires mobile device to be connected to the Canon ivy mini photo printer via Bluetooth and the Canon mini print...
- Recommended operating temperature: 59 - 89.6°F (15 - 32°C). Environment humidity: 40 - 50% relative humidity
Related Post: Best Portable Photo Printer [in 2019]
33. Lensbaby Sol 45
The Lensbaby Sol 45 is a creative camera lens. Unlike most lenses, the goal isn’t to make the whole scene sharp; instead, you’re meant to blur out the surroundings while keeping the main subject in focus.
In other words, you can use the Lensbaby Sol 45 for all sorts of artistic photos. Plus, the bokeh effect is incredible.
Note that this Lensbaby is not great for photographers who love photojournalism and all things realistic. But if you’re looking to satisfy a true creative, one who is always looking to try something new, then the Lensbaby Sol 45 may be the way to go.
- 45mm fixed f/3.5 Selective Focus Lens
- Creative Bokeh Blades add creative effects and texture
- 8.5º of tilt and center-focus locking ability
- Focuses from 14inches to Infinity
- 46mm Filter Threads
34. Outdoor Photographer Magazine Subscription
These days, print magazines are few and far between.
But that doesn’t mean that photographers won’t appreciate a subscription to a print magazine that’s chock-full of stunning photos and excellent advice.
Outdoor Photographer is geared toward landscape, nature, and macro photographers, so it’s not a great choice for a budding fashion shooter. But for anyone who loves to take photos outdoors, an Outdoor Photographer subscription will be much appreciated.
You can purchase an annual subscription to Outdoor Photographer on the magazine’s website.
Do you know someone who’s in the process of learning Adobe Photoshop CC? Do they own a Mac?
Then get them a No products found., which displays tons of cool Photoshop shortcut tricks, and will save a lot of editing time!
It’s something that pretty much any Photoshop user will appreciate (for less than 20 dollars!).
(And for Lightroom CC users, there’s also a Lightroom version!)
- A good helper for Photoshop CS users, increase your PS speed to that of an expert. No more frustration searching for which...
- Each XSKN silicone skin is heat molded to ensure a perfect fit. Then each color is paints taking by hand screened using...
- XSKN, the inventor of silicone keyboard skins and continues to search for the best quality silicone to ensure that organic...
- Elaborately lower key height design to give you better type feeling, especially after long time typing
- Compatible with: MacBook Air 13 Inch (A1369 and A1466), MacBook Pro 13 Inch with Retina Display (A1425 and A1502), MacBook...
Are you looking to satisfy someone who photographs children (or someone who is a big fan of plush toys)?
Then look no further than the Shutter Huggers giraffe! It’s a fun little animal that goes around your camera lens, and is pretty much guaranteed to keep the attention of toddlers and children during a photoshoot.
(Plus, it looks super cute!)
Note that you can also get a Shutter Huggers monkey, Dalmatian, or dinosaur, depending on the photographer’s preference.
- "Hugs" your camera lens so your hands are free to stabilize your camera for the perfect picture
- Gives Children something fun to focus on for more relaxed and natural portraits
- Captures children's attention - no more bribery, begging, or yelling "Say Cheese!"
Some photographers aren’t just the visual type.
They also like to write.
That’s where this magnetic poetry kit for photographers comes in. It includes 200+ words, which all relate to photography. Words like:
Your photographer will have lots of fun coming up with photography-related poems, and they’ll even be able to entertain photographer guests with little magnetic poetry competitions.
What could be cooler than that?
- Just as the camera cannot quite capture what the eye sees and yet can convey truths and tell stories of its own, this box of...
- CONTAINS - over 200 themed magnetic word tiles in a cute, colorful, giftable 4.75 x 3 inch box. Rearrange the words to write...
- MIX AND MATCH WITH OTHER KITS - Tile height is 0.375 Inches, compatible with nearly all other Magnetic Poetry sets. With...
- MADE IN THE USA - Magnetic Poetry sets are made in America, are nontoxic, and comply with all American and international...
- OVER 100 DIFFERENT SETS - Please click on the Magnetic Poetry brand name below the title of this page to browse other sets...
One thing that photographers won’t expect from you?
But what’s cooler than some comfortable, warm, colorful socks…
…covered with cameras?
- Ultra soft, high quality, fun and funky retro camera photography socks for men
- Approximately fits men's shoe size 7-13
- Ideal for the photography lover
- Our threads are certified by OEKO-TEX Standard 100, which means we leave out harmful chemicals to keep your skin safe and...
- STYLISH, COMFORTABLE, STRETCHY - Your toes will be cozy in these eye-catching, thick, comfy socks
If you’re the humorous type, then why not give the gift of laughter–with a funny, photography-themed mug.
For instance, this 11 oz coffee mug includes the statement, “I shoot people and sometimes cut off their heads.”
Alternatively, you could get a coffee mug in the shape of a camera lens, which is bound to make a photographer laugh. It even comes with lids that are shaped like lens caps!
- MAUAG christmas gifts funny Photographer coffee mug dishwasher and microwave safe, printed on both sides.
- Strong, ceramic construction, 100% pure white ceramic with money back guarantee.
- High quality ceramic, treat yourself or give as a gift to someone special.
- Exquisite fashion, easy-grip with handle, suitable for hot and cold drinks. Can be used for home and office.
- Great holiday or birthday gift for your best friend, dad, mom, brother, sister, boss, coworker, boyfriend or girlfriend. This...
- ✅SUPER BUNDLE! NO SPILL LID + RETRACTABLE LID + SPOON!: When you're rushing around with the morning brew the last thing you...
- ✅13.5oz STAINLESS STEEL LINING = HOT DRINKS STAY HOT FOR LONGER: Insulated stainless steel interior transforms your mug...
- ✅HOT DRINKS STAY HOT FOR LONGER: Insulated stainless steel interior transforms your mug into a convenient coffee thermos!...
- ✅NOT A COFFEE DRINKER? NO PROBLEM - IT'S MULTIPURPOSE: If you're not one of those folks who loves wrapping both hands...
- ✅THE STRATA CUPS PROMISE: We'll never deny you a great cup of coffee, or tea! We are 100% confident you will be delighted...
Here’s a fun little gift that any photographer will appreciate:
Sure, it’s not the most exciting gift around, but it shows thought, it shows effort, and it’s dead useful.
After all, who doesn’t need a pencil holder? Especially one that looks like a camera?
- Retro vintage style camera pen pencil holder made with poly resin 5 inch
- Pen pencil organizer storage box functional attractive durable study
- This makes a great gift for any books lover and adds a style touch to your decor
- High Quality Organize your desk and store all your pens / pencils and enjoy Live Love and Laugh
- Ca based seller fast shipping directly from our usa warehouse
39 Gifts for Photographers: Conclusion
Hopefully, you now know what gift you’re going to purchase–and it’s one that you’re really, really excited about.
After all, there are lots of cool photography gifts on this list!
From gear to software to fun toys and gadgets, there’s something here for everyone.
So go ahead and grab one of these gifts. It’s bound to make a photographer smile!
If you’re looking for a photography-related Christmas gift, you could go for a new camera, such as a Nikon D5600, a Canon T7i, or a Sony a6400. You could also look at different software options, such as an Adobe CC subscription or a Capture One 2020 subscription (though be sure that the photographer doesn’t have these already!). Finally, there plenty of more fun photography gifts, such as photography-themed socks, funny photography mugs, photography magnetic poetry, and lots more!
Photographers are an easy bunch to please–because they’ll appreciate pretty much anything related to their passion/profession. You can look at photography-themed toys and trinkets, such as photography-focused mugs and stuffed toys that go around a lens. Or you can look at gear, such as light meters, reflectors, and even cameras and lenses. There are options at every price point, so don’t feel daunted by the need to get high-end equipment; photographers understand that they can’t expect gifts that cost thousands of dollars!
If you’re looking to get gear for a photographer, you’ll want to start by determining their current camera model. If they’re using a compact (AKA point and shoot) camera, you could give them a DSLR, such as a Canon t7i or a Nikon D5600, or a mirrorless camera, such as the Sony a6400.
Photographers love new software. The trick is to find something they don’t already have! I’d recommend starting with Adobe CC, which pretty much every beginner photographer will appreciate. ON1 Photo RAW is a good alternative, while Phase One’s Capture One 2020 is great for photographers looking to move up from Adobe Lightroom Classic CC. Finally, you could also purchase subscriptions to educational packages, such as KelbyOne or Phlearn; these are both great for learning all about photography software, and about photography in general.
There are quite a few accessories that most photographers would love to receive. For instance, a 5-in-1 reflector would be appreciated by portrait, fashion, and macro photographers; a handheld light meter is another easy gift that many photographers would like. Other accessory gift options include neck-straps, polarizing filters, camera bags.
There are a whole host of fun gifts for photographers. For instance, you could get a funny photography mug, cool photography socks, an underwater camera housing, and lots more!
Jaymes Dempsey is a professional macro and nature photographer from Ann Arbor, Michigan; his work is published across the web, from Digital Photography School to PetaPixel.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Certain content that appears on PhotoWorkout.com comes from Amazon. This content is provided ‘as is’ and is subject to change or removal at any time.